Kiten is a seaside resort town in Burgas Province on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast.
The town is mostly touristy, with probably more hotels than residential buildings.
It sits on the small Urdoviza peninsula, near the mouth of the Kiten River, and has two nice beaches: Atliman and Urdoviza.
The main features of Kiten, are the beaches and the two picturesque bays: Karaagach and Konnik, better known as Atliman. There are other beautiful small bays along the Strandzha coast (Sozopol, Kavatsite, Stomoplo).
Kiten has a mild, sunny, warm and humid Mediterranean climate. The average annual temperature is 12 °C and the average January temperature does not fall below 2 °C. In Kiten there are no frosts typical for the interior of Strandzha in winter. The average daily temperature in summer is 27 °C, and it is warm. The prevailing winds are northwest, and there is breeze circulation during the warm half of the year. There is a calm sea during most of the summer season.
There are strong rain and thunderstorms at the end of the summer season, usually in late August and September.
- 1 Bus Station (Автогара).
- Kiten–Sofia: 07:02, 12:40 (+359 895 551819)
- Kiten–Primorsko-Burgas: 06:50, 08:30, 09:00, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:15, 15:40, 16:30, 17:10, 18:20 (at least some, if not all, don't go by Sozopol but Yasna Polyana village)
- Kiten–Lozenets–Tsarevo: 07:50, 09:00, 12:00, 15:40
- Tsarevo–Lozenets–Kiten: 08:00, 13:00, 15:30, 17:00
- The northern beach or "Kiten-Atliman", at the bottom of the bay of the same name, includes beautiful sand dunes. On both sides the beach is surrounded by a high rocky shore.
- The southern beach is divided into two: "Kiten-South" beach and "Camping Kiten" beach. It sits on the Gulf of Urdoviza, which is more open to the sea. The length of its coastline is 1380 m. To the south it reaches the mouth of the Karaagach River, and to the north to the beginning of the rocky Urdoviza peninsula, where the port quay is now built.
- Near Kiten are the "Primorsko" and "Primorsko-South" beaches, which are among the largest beaches on the Black Sea coast south of Burgas.