Kobayashi (小林) is a city in Miyazaki prefecture.
The best way to get around Kobayashi City is by renting a car, or cycling if you have a lot of time. Most tourists will arrive either at JR Miyazaki Station ( or Miyazaki Airport. There will be a number of rental car companies to select from if you are doing it on the spot. Of course booking in advance will make the turnover faster. From Miyazaki Airport to Kobayashi City is about 50 minutes, driving on a tolled expressway. It is very easy to enter the expressway from the airport, with the access road about 1.5km from the airport terminal.
Kobayashi City can be divided into three areas for sightseeing, Nojiri Area, Kobayashi Area and Suki Area. Each of these areas offers something unique and interesting for the traveler.
- Nojiro Camp Village
- Natural Hot Springs Togenkyo
- Yuparu Nojiro Roadside Station
- Yuparu Hot Springs
- 1 Ikoma Plateau (Hana-no-Eki Ikoma Plateau), 8565-28 Minaminishikata, Kobayashi City, Miyazaki Prefecture 886-0005 (From Kobayashi Station drive on Route 1 for about 20 minutes), ☏ . 9AM to 5PM. This is a flower garden located about 20 minutes from downtown Kobayashi City. It has a variety of flowers that bloom at different times throughout the year. The most spectacular time to visit is in October when there is over one million cosmos flowers. There are a number of events held at this time during the day and night to attract visitors from around Japan. One of Kobayashi City's important sightseeing attractions. 500¥.
- Sannomiya Gorge
- Idenoyama Park - Idenoyama Park is southwest from center of Kobayashi city. This park has a pond where the water source is from Idenoyama mountain. This is the home place of the Firefly Festival every May. Features a freshwater aquarium, restaurants specializing in carp dishes, and a beautiful lakefront scenery. One of the spring waters of the Kirishima Mountains, abundant water flow of 1 ton per second flows into the largest reservoir in Kobayashi, Idenoyama Pond. Idenoyama Pond was created by the Satsuma Domain in 1614 (Keicho 19) as irrigation water, and around this area a large number of flora and fauna inhabit. In late May to early June, it is a great habitat of Genji fireflies. There is a promenade so you can walk by the pond and enjoy the fireflies dancing. At the adjacent Miyazaki Prefectural Fisheries Experimental Station Kobayashi Branch, the sturgeon has been successfully hatched using spring water, and its caviar has been commercialized in cooperation with the private sector. There is a restaurant where you can taste river fish such as carp trout, and sturgeon.
- Idenoyama Freshwater Fish Aquarium
- Cosmos Hot Springs
- Kirishima-Mine Shrine
- Ohata Lake
- Sukimu Land Suspension Bridge
- Sukimu Land Hot Springs Kajika-no-Yu
- Suki Shuzo Sake Brewery
- Sukimu Land Camping Grounds
- Mamako Falls
- Mamako Falls Camp Grounds
- Mountain Cabins from Around the World
- Karukaya Japanese Thatched Rental Houses
|Routes through Kobayashi|
|Junction ← Ebino ←||W E||→ Miyakonojo → Miyazaki|