Kołobrzeg is a small city in the north-west of Poland, on the Baltic sea. The fishing town of 50,000 people is a popular tourist resort for Poles, with long stretches of beaches.
The most notable landmark in Kołobrzeg in the lighthouse at the entrance to the harbour. Despite the town's size, there is a lot to do, with miles of paths along the coast and the surrounding forests, as well as a Modern Art Gallery and the Museum of Polish Arms. The town is also well known as a spa resort.
- 1 Solidarity Szczecin–Goleniów Airport (SZZ IATA). 95km southwest of Kołobrzeg.
- 2 Gdańsk Lech Wałęsa Airport (Polish: Port Lotniczy Gdańsk im. Lecha Wałęsy GDN IATA). 230km east of Kołobrzeg.
The towns train station is pretty well connected, with direct trains from Szczecin (on the border with Germany; 3 hours), Gdańsk (4 hours), Warsaw (7,5 hours), Poznań (4 to 5 hours) and Kraków (11 hours).
- 1 Braunschweigs Palace (Pałac Brunszwickich), Armii Krajowej 13.
- 2 Basilica, Mariacka 5, ☏ .
- Ratuszowy Square.
- Fuse Tower. The last remnant of the medieval fortification.
- 3 Museum 6D, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Tours in the museum are available in Polish, English and Russian. 20zł regular, 15zł reduced.
- 4 Museum of Polish Arms (Muzeum Oręża Polskiego), ul. Armii Krajowej 13, ☏ .
- Oldest oak in Poland. South of Bagicz, some 4 kilometres (2 miles) from Kołobrzeg, there is an 815-year-old oak (2017). Dated in the year 2000 as the oldest oak in Poland, it was named Bolesław to commemorate the king Boleslaus the Brave.
On the mainland:
- West Pomeranian capital Szczecin
- Sea resort and medieval towns of Kamień Pomorski, Koszalin and Stargard Szczeciński
- Slowiński National Park with the highest dunes in Europe
- Seaside resorts of Ustka, Łeba, Rowy, Mielno and Darłowo.
On the island Wolin:
- Woliński National Park
- Seaside resort Międzyzdroje with ferries to Usedom and the 93-meter high cliff of Gosań and Kawcza Góra Mountain closeby
- Game reserve of Wisents
- Sea resorts and port Świnoujście and Dziwnów
- Medieval town of Wolin