Komatipoort is a small, quiet tourist town of 4,700 people (2011) in the lowveld of South Africa, bordering on the Kruger National Park and Mozambique. with some attractive tree-lined streets. It is one of the hottest towns in South Africa where temperatures can reach almost 48°C in the height of summer, but also with a perfect winter climate around 24 °C (75 °F).
'Komati' takes its name from the Komati River whose original native Swazi name is Nkomazi, translated as "river of cows". It is where the Crocodile and Komati Rivers meet to flow through the 'Poort' (mountain pass) through the Lebombo Mountains into Mozambique.
An overnight train service from Johannesburg is provided by Shosholoza Meyl several times per week. A connecting train to and from Maputo are available just across the border in neighboring Ressano Garcia. 1 Komatipoort station is centrally located along Hutton St.
Kruger Park. Day trips to Maputo or Eswatini (Swaziland). Samora Machel monument.
Tiger fishing, golf, wildlife viewing, elephant-back safari.
- Isivuba Tours & Fishing Adventures, ☏ . Day tours, adventure activities, Kruger National Park safaris and fresh water fishing (including tiger fishing).
- Kambaku Komatipoort Golf Club, firstname.lastname@example.org. Nine-hole golf course.
- 1 Kitsc-Inn, 7 Flamingo St, ☏ . Has a small dining area for the guesthouse residents and for the public.
Make sure that you carry an ample supply of water at all times. Average summer temperatures are around 33°C and humidity is very high, and the winter temperature of 28°C is perfect.
- 1 Orchards Farm Cottages, Komatipoort (Off N4, 4km from Mozambique border), ☏ . Check-in: 13:00, check-out: 10:00. Orchards Farm Cottages is a self-catering/B&B establishment 12 km from Crocodile Bridge Gate to the Kruger Park and 4 km from the Mozambique border post. R280-375.
- Trees Too Guest Lodge, 9 to 11 Furley St, ☏ , fax: , email@example.com.
- 2 Tigerfish lodge, 7 Flamingo St, ☏ . Air conditioned accommodation in 3-star self-catering apartments. Breakfasts, lunch or dinner available at the on-site restaurant Kitsch-Inn. Secure parking and private braai facilities, and pool.
- [dead link] Lebombo border post with Mozambique (3km outside town on the N4), ☏ . Normally open 06:00-00:00, but hours are extended during holiday and other high traffic times..
- [dead link] Mananga border post with Eswatini (South along the R571 for about 63 km), ☏ , fax: . Open 07:00-18:00. R50 road tax to be paid (cash only) on the Eswatini side.