Flora and fauna
All visitors stopping in the park (even just for gas) require a park permit. No pass is required if driving straight through. Day passes and annual passes are available.
- Day pass: $8 adult, $4 youth, $7 senior, $16 family.
- Annual pass: $55 adult, $27 youth, $47 senior, $109 family.
Additional variable fees are required for camping and backcountry exploration. See the official website [dead link] for a current schedule.
Highway 93 is the main road in Kootenay, going from Lake Louise at the north end of Kootenay National Park to the Village of Radium Hot Springs at the south end.
Parks Canada Visitor Guide to Kootenay [dead link]
- Kootenay Park Visitor Centre
- Sinclair Canyon
- Radium Hot Springs Pools
- Olive Lake
- Kootenay Valley Viewpoint
- Kootenay Valley Lodge Visitor Centre
- Paint Pots
- Marble Canyon
- Continental Divide