Kraljevo (in English "King's town") is a town and the administrative center of Raska District of Serbia. Kraljevo is located in central part of Serbia, at the confluence of the Ibar to the Zapadna Morava. It is, by its territory, the largest municipality in the Republic of Serbia.
This is the most recommendable option when visiting Kraljevo. The drive from Belgrade lasts 3 hours and tickets can be purchased at Belgrade's bus station for about 10 euros round trip.
- 1 Žiča monastery (Жича) (3 km SW of town. There is an asphalt road from the centre of Kraljevo to Žiča Monastery which is possible to walk in 45 minutes but it misses sidewalk and has lots of traffic so a bit better idea idea will be to get on a bus passing monastery, e.g. bus to Mataruška Banja). This is a Serb Orthodox monastery, is the Coronation church and together with the Church of the Holy Dormition, was built by the first King of Serbia, Stefan the First-Crowned. Žiča was by tradition royal church of Serbian kings, and although king could be crowned in any Serbian church, he was never considered true king until he was anointed in Žiča.
- 2 National Museum, (Карађорђева), ☎ . (founded in 1950) collects and exhibits documents and objects from its archaeological, ethnological, historical and art collections.
- New Gallery. (1995), in the former Grammar School building, has become the space for prominent exhibitions from all fields of the Museum work but also the place for holding scientific meetings, musical, literary and other events.
- 3 Holy Trinity Church (Crkva svete trojice), Voivode Stepe (Војводе Степе) (Near to National Museum).
- 4 Lord Vasin Inn (House of Vladike Nikolaya, Господар Васин конак (Дом Владике Николаја)), Karađorđeva Road (Карађорђева). A mansion from Turkish era. Now this is the Historical Archives of Kraljevo
- Church devoted to the burned relics of the Serbian national saint, St. Sava (Crkva spaljivanja moštiju Sv. Save).
- Catholic Church (Katolička crkva).
- 5 Mountain of Goc (Serbian Cyrillic: Гоч) (15 km south of Vrnjačka Banja - 40 km Southeast from Kraljevo). This is a small ski resort
- 6 Gradac monastery (Manastir Sopocani.jpg) (14 km West from Brvenik, 80 km South from Kraljevo). founded in the late 13th century. Gothic, Romanesque and Serbian-Byzantine style
- 7 Kalenic monastery (Serbian: Манастир Каленић) (Near to village Kaludra - 20 km East from Kraljevo).
- 8 Ljubostinja monastery (Serbian Cyrillic: Љубостиња, Serbian pronunciation: [ʎubǒːstiɲa]) (3km North from Trstenik - 30 km East from Kraljevo. At first, get to the village of Trstenik by bus or train running between Kraljevo and Kruševac. Then walk remaining 4 km). Picturesque monastery with a few walking trails in the surrounding valley. It was built from the 1388 to 1405, in the Morava Style, and it has one dome and narthex.
- 9 Maglic fortress ruins (Маглич) (15 km SW. By southbound bus from Kraljevo). Maglic is 100 m above river Ibar on top of the hill is to be found the most beautiful gem of the Ibar gorge, one of the best preserved and beautiful fortresses of Serbia, date back to 1337. It is possible to walk up to the fortress.
- 10 Stara Pavlica monastery (Павлица), Raška District (At village Brvenik). 14th century
- 11 Studenica monastery (Serbian Cyrillic: Манастир Студеница, Manastir Studenica, Serbian pronunciation: [mânastiːr studɛ̌nit͡sa]) (39 km SW. By bus from Kraljevo to the village of Ušće, from where most likely you'll have to hitchhike or take a taxi for the remaining 12 km to Studenica). on the list of World Heritage Sites. This is a 12th-century Serbian Orthodox monastery and the best known for its collection of 13th- and 14th century Byzantine-style fresco paintings. - The Virgin's Church is a domed single-nave basilica. Rebuilt in the 1230s. - Northwest of the Church of the Virgin there is the church of Saints Joachim and Anna. This was constructed in 1314, in the form of a compressed cross, with the exterior structure of an octagonal dome. - Also here is the Church of St. Nicholas,-a small single-nave church frescoed inside with works from the 12th or possibly early 13th centuries,- and the remains of the church of St. John the Baptist, next one is an old refectory made of rubble. Finally, on the western side of the monastery complex there is a bell tower, founded in the 13th century with a chapel inside which has frescoes date back to 1208-1209. - Northward from the Studenica refectory is the 18th century monastic residence, which now houses a treasury museum.
- 12 Ovcar-Kablar Gorge (Serbian Cyrillic: Овчарско-кабларска клисура, Latin: Ovčarsko-kablarska klisura) (Čačak 17 km on the east - take 'E763' Hwy or train to 'Ovčar Banja' village and walk). With over 300 monasteries built in the gorge since the 14th century. Main Monasteries: Dormition of the Holy Mother of God (Uspenje) monastery; Presentation of Mary (Vavedenje) monastery; Saint John the Baptist (Jovanje) monastery; Saint Nicholas the Miracleworker (Nikolje) monastery; Annunciation (Blagoveštenje) monastery; Ascension of Jesus (Vaznesenje) monastery; Transfiguration of Jesus (Preobraženje) monastery; Presentation of Jesus at the Temple (Sretenje) monastery; Holy Trinity (Sveta Trojica) monastery; Elijah (Ilinje) monastery.
- 13 National Park Kopaonik (pronounced [kɔ̌paɔniːk] or [kɔpaɔ̌niːk]; Serbian Cyrillic: Копаоник, Albanian: Kopaoniku, Mali i Kopaonikut) (90 km South from Kraljevo). Its highest point, Pančić's Peak, is 2,017 m a.s.l. - Flora is characterized by the Balkan beech, fir, spruce, yew, several kinds of maple, pine and oak. Fauna: many species of birds, such as rock partridge, scops owl, red-backed shrike, and the wood lark. There is the attractive and picturesque valley of the Samokovska River, characterized by its steep run, numerous rapids, falls and gorges. Also famous such as Ski Resort, with 68 km long skipath and 28 lifts
- 14 Vrnjačka Banja (Врњачка) (SE). Spa and Roman Spring
- 15 Mountain of Zlatibor (Serbian Cyrillic: Златибoр, pronounced [zlǎtibɔr]) (120 km West from Kraljevo). The mountain range spreads over an area of 300 km². - Take a narrow gauge railroad tour. - Tourist facilities include modern hotels, holiday centers and cottages, sports grounds and skiing.
- 1 Park Svetog Save.
- 2 Mataruška Banja (Матарушка) (8 km W-SW of town, on the right bank of Ibar river). It offers different possibilities for healthy and sporting – recreative tourism, like a medicative mineral water (42-51oC)
- Bogutovačka Banja (Богутовачка) (23 km S).
- Sirčanska Banja (Сирчанска Бања). Offers medicative mineral water (25-27oC).
- 1 Hotel Turist, Trg Srpskih ratnika br. 1, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 12:00. Single rooms, Twin rooms, Double rooms, Suits with mini bar, LCD TVs (CATV), Wi-Fi. - Also here Wellness center, A la carte restaurant, pizzeria Panorama Hotel, Conference center €40/44-64, Suits €99-150.
- 2 Hotel Tehnograd, Kovanlucka 1 (SE 2 km - take 'E761' Hwy after Ribnitsa creek left side), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. 24/7. Restaurant, tours sgl/twin/dbl €30/50/60 suits €80-100.
- Hotel Crystal, Ibarska 44, ☎ , fax: , e-mail: email@example.com. Opened in June 2009, the stylish and elegant Hotel Crystal offers well-equipped accommodation, mouth-watering cuisine and superb facilities.
- Hotel Botika, Naselje Moše Pijade 1/A, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Royal, Karadjordjeva 107, ☎ .
- Hotel Belvedere, Heroja Maričića 67, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.