From Kraków by a direct train which goes once daily (ca. 5h, 228 km for 18 zł) or direct public bus service (ca. 3h, 150 km for around 20 zł). Buses are much more frequent.
The 1 Krynica-Zdrój train stop is located quite centrally in the town.
- 1 Nikifor's Museum (Muzeum Nikifora), Bulwary Dietla 19, ☏ . Tu-Sa: 10:00—13:00 and 14:00—17:00, Su: 10:00—15:00, M closed. The museum houses the largest collection of works of the Polish painter Nikifor Krynicki and is located in a blue wooden villa. The museum is a branch of the district museum of Nowy Sącz. 12 zł, concessions 8 zł, free on Sundays.
- Museum of Toys 'Bajka' (Muzeum zabawek "Bajka"), ul. Piłsudskiego 2, ☏ .
- 2 Old Mineral Baths (Stare Łazienki Mineralne), aleja Nowotarskiego 9.
- 3 New Mineral Baths (Nowe Łazienki Mineralne), ul. Piłsudskiego 2.
- 4 Orthodox Church of Duke Vladimir (Cerkiew pw. Św. Równego Apostołom Księcia Włodzimierza Wielkiego), Św. Włodzimierza 3.
- Koncertowa restaurant (1870) in Park Slotwinski.
- * 5 Słotwinka Source. You can drink the water here straight from the source.
- Hike in the surrounding hills.
- Mountain-bike in the hills or across villages.
- Rope park 
- Ex Libris bookshop, Bulwary Dietla (on the main pedestrian zone, close to hotel Witoldówka). 10:00—18:00 (21:00 in tourist season). This bookshop is well stocked in maps and guides to the region, has some selection of books in English and a few in German
It is the biggest spa town in Poland so it is full of sanitariums and basically every house provides rooms.