Kuala Belait is the second largest city in Brunei. Kuala Belait lies along the Belait River near the South China Sea, west of Seria. Kuala Belait is a river port at the center of an oil field that includes offshore wells. It's very close to the border with Malaysia, and is the first city you'll reach if driving to Brunei from Miri.
Kuala Belait is at one end of the coastal freeway that traverses Brunei. Well signposted and easy to find. Free parking is relatively easy to find.
The Kuala Belait bus terminal is located in the middle of town.
- To/from Miri: The PHLS Express bus between from Miri, Sarawak, Malaysia, to BSB will stop in Kuala Belait if you ask them to. Fare from Miri is B$18 or RM38; B$12 or RM25 for children 3–10 (2019). Tickets can be bought on Easybook or at the Miri bus terminal.
- To/from Seria: Regular buses shuttle between Kuala Belait and Seria. Journey time is half an hour and cost B$1 one way.
- To/from Bandar Seri Begawan: There are no direct buses between Kuala Belait and Bandar Seri Begawan. Take the Seria bus and change to a Bandar bus there.
- Taxi service, ☏ .
- Airport taxi service, ☏ .
- 1 Belait District Museum, Jalan Maulana.
- 2 Silver Jubilee Park (Taman Jubli Perak), Jalan Maulana.
- 3 Menara Cendera Kenangan, Jalan Sungai.
- 4 Teapot. A large teapot monument in the middle of the roundabout of Jalan Pandan Lima, Jalan Singa Menteri, Jalan Seri Maharaja and Jalan Setia Diraja.
- 5 Kampong Pandan Mosque, Jalan Pandan Tujuh. A mosque in the town with a notable Islamic architecture.
- 6 Jalan Pretty. Original area of the town.
The main street has a mixture of local traders and international chains. Local jewellery, mostly gold, is available. There is a small souvenir shop, for your I love Brunei T-shirt.
- Government Rest House, Guest house located on the beach. A 10-minute walk from the Jln McKerron bus station. Between $50-$65 Us Dollars.
- Riviera Hotel The rooms at the Riviera Hotel are modernistic, comfortable, and relaxing decor. Between $40-$80 US dollars. The restaurant offers good Indian food.
- Seaview Hotel, Best hotel to stay in for day trip around Kuala Balait. Located 4km out of town alongside a beach road leading to Seria. Average cost of $77-$120 US dollars.
- Sentosa Hotel. In the center of Kuala Belait. This is a small boutique hotel with a modernistic setting. Syazana Café is an onsite option for dining.