Kudat is 190 km from Kota Kinabalu, about 3 hr drive by car.
You can go by taxi, self-drive or with a tour agent. Four-wheel drives and saloon cars with permits are stationed near the Indian Restaurant opposite the Health Clinic in Kampung Air. Four-wheel drives can take between 7-8 passengers at RM20-25 per passenger return, while saloon cars take up to 4 passengers and charge RM240 for a return trip to Simpang Mengayau.
- Tip of Borneo, Simpang Mengayau.
- Honey Bee Farm, Kampung Gombizau.
- Gong Making Village at Kampung Sumangkap.
- Bead centre, Kampung Tinangol.
Be sure to check out the Rungus handicraft, particularly their intricate beaded work and handwoven Tinohian cloth. When in Kudat, make a trip to Tanjung Simpang Mengayau, the tip of Borneo. This is the meeting point of the South China and Sulu seas, with a rich historical and cultural background. The dramatic vista of the endless sea and blue skies will take your breath away.
- [formerly dead link] Tip of Borneo Resort, Simpang Menggayau, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Free bananas and satellite Wi-Fi. MasterCard and VISA preferred to cash. Started 2011 RM150-300.