Asia > South Asia > India > Himalayan North > Himachal Pradesh > Shimla (district) > Kufri
The nearest airport is at Jubbarhatti (IATA: SLV) that accommodates turbo-props Dorniers, while Jet, Airbus A310, 320s and Boeing 737s can all land at the larger Chandigarh (IATA: IXC) airport. Commercial service at the Jubbarhatti Airport is limited with six flights a week operating to and from Delhi, all operated by Jagson Airlines. Chandigarh offers far better options. Major airlines including Air India, Jet Airways and Air Deccan operate flights to Delhi, Jammu, and Mumbai. Most of the flights to Mumbai require a stop-over in Delhi. Kullu and Dharamsala are smaller towns which are connected to Chandigarh through Jagson Airlines bi-weekly flights. Tip, confirm the flights till the very last moment, bad weather often delays flights during the winter fog.
One can hike through thick forest around Kufri to the Mahasu Peak- the highest peak in Kufri.
Indira Tourist Park
The Indira Tourist Park is near the Himalayan Nature Park and provides panoramic view of the locations around.
- Cafe- The Tribe (In the Himalayan Odyssey Homestay (see entry under "Sleep")), ☎ . 10 AM - 8 PM. A Himachali-themed cafe.
There are lots of options from dormitories to luxury resort hotels. Online booking is the most convenient way to reserve a room. Alternatively, the tourist office can supply a list of hotels, and you can phone or trek over an reserve a room in person.
- Wildflower Hall - Oberoi Group - Heritage - Kufri Road, 15 kms from Shimla
- Wood Park - Resort - Kufri Road, 15 kms from Shimla
- Kufri Holiday Resort - Resort - Chail Road, Near Kufri, 20 kms from Shimla
- Toshali Royal View - *** - Shilon Bagh, 25 kms from Shimla
- Shilon Resort - Resort - Shilon Bagh, 25 kms from Shimla
- Snow King Retreat - Resort - Fagu, 22 kms from Shimla
- Peach Blossom - HP Tourism - ** - Fagu, 22 kms from Shimla
- The Himalayan Odyssey Homestay, The Himalayan Odyssey Homestay, Kufri-Chail Road, NH-22, V.PO. (After crossing the Kufri Bazaar, take the road diverging onto the right side towards Chail. Drive for roughly 1 km), ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Check-in: 12 PM, check-out: 10 AM. Cozy Himalayan-style cottage with a fine view of the Himalayas and some distance from the tourist rush. Rs 1500 onwards.
The area dialling code for Kufri is 0177. From overseas, dial +91 177 XXX-XXXX. There are plently of STD/ISD booths. The amount is calculated on a digital meter, and is paid after the call. A short STD call will cost you around ₹10.
It is very easy to get a Prepaid mobile, which is very cheap to get, and calls are cheap too. One needs to give a Photo ID proof and a photograph for prepaid as well as postpaid connection as per the Govt. regulations.
CellOne - GSM 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz.(Tri-Band) Airtel - GSM 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz.(Tri-Band) Reliance Telecom - GSM 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz.(Tri-Band) Tata Indicom - CDMA !dea - GSM 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz.(Tri-Band)