A major tourist destination and spices trading center. Kumily is an access point for many Kerala bound merchants and labourers, and in close proximity to the bordering points in Tamil Nadu.
The nearest airport is Madurai and so is the Railway Station but since it is on the Kerala side it would be wise to get in via Kottayam.
Bus from Kottayam. Buses from Tamil Nadu, especially Madurai at a distance of 120 km.
Taxis and Autorickshaws.
- 1 Cheruthoni.
- Hill View Park.
- 2 Idukki Arch Dam. This is the world's second and Asia's first arch dam.
- 3 Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary, Idukki.
- 4 Kurishumala Church, Vagamon.
- Spice fields.
- 5 Thekkady Wildlife Sanctuary (Periyar National Park and Wildlife Sanctuary).
- 6 Vandiperiyar.
- 7 Vagamon. A nice place to visit, with pine trees to explore!
- Kollampattada, Kumily
- Spices. Enjoy the Spicy flavours of Kerala. Walk among the cardomom plantations. Shop for spices.
Spices and Condiments, Various types of Tea (Masala, Vanilla, Coca late, Cardamon), Coffee beans and powder
- Hilltop Spices, Kumily (Kerala, 685509), ☏ , . Wholesale & Retail Dealers in Cardamom, Pepper, Clove & Cinnamon etc, which are local grown.
- Red Frog, ☏ , email@example.com. for Musical instruments, home accessories and spices
- Lord's Family Restaurant on the main road of Kumily, in the center. The "Navrathan Kurma" is wonderful.
- Spice Village (Buffet Restaurant).
Lot of hotels and home stays are available.
- Coffee Inn. ₹400.
- Michales Inn (on way to Thekkady).
- The Pepper Valley Stay (on way to Thekkady). Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Budget.
- Spice Village. 210 dollars..
- 1 Tree Top Hotel. ₹2,500.
- Woodlands Prime Castle (on way to Thekkady). Check-in: noon, check-out: noon. Budget.