Kunshan（昆山）is a small city in Jiangsu province of China. It is located between Shanghai and Suzhou, about 50km from central Shanghai and 37km from Suzhou. Administratively, it is a county-level city within the prefecture-level city Suzhou.
Kunshan is very close to Shanghai, the largest city in China, so it's pretty easy to get in from nearly anywhere.
There is no airport in Kunshan. People come to Kunshan by plane mainly through airports in Shanghai or Wuxi.
Shanghai's older airport Hongqiao (虹桥机场 SHA IATA) services domestic flights, the only exception being the city shuttle services to Tokyo-Haneda, Seoul-Gimpo, Hong Kong, and Taipei-Songshan, it is 42 km away to the east of Kunshan.
Sunan Shuofang International Airport(苏南硕放国际机场 WUX IATA) is a relatively small airport shared by Wuxi, Suzhou and some other small cities nearby, it is 41 km to the west of Kunshan.
Shanghai-Nanjing Intercity express rail, Beijing-Shanghai high speed rail and the old Shanghai-Nanjing railway ran through Kunshan, so it's very convenient to get in and out by train.
There are two railway stations in Kunshan, the old Kunshan Railway Station, which mainly services conventional low speed trains and cargo trains, and the new Kunshan Nan Railway Station which services high speed trains and intercity express trains.
There are several long-distance bus stations in Kunshan, they provide scheduled bus services to Shanghai, Suzhou and many nearby towns and villages.
Specifically, there is a bus service to Kunshan from Shanghai, which has buses running from 10:30 to 19:30, every hour on the half hour. The ticket price was 76 yuan and the journey was about one hour. Passengers can buy the tickets in Gate 6-7 and Gate 8-9, Arrival Hall, Terminal 1 (T1), or in the ticket office for long-distance buses at the exit of bus parking area, or in the Airport Long-Distance Bus Station. The bus used on this route is a sleeper bus so you get a fairly comfortably bed and a blanket.
- Kunshan Science Museum, Qianjin Middle Road, Kunshan, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China.
- Tinglin Garden, 160号 Tinglin Road, Kunshan, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China, ☎ .
- Qinfeng Tower, Nanwan Road, Kunshan, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China.
- 1 Kunshan Stadium, Kunshan, China.
- Kunshan Urban Ecological Forest Park, Ma'anshan Middle Road, Kunshan, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China, ☎ .
- 2 Qiandeng Ancient Town (千灯古镇), 1号 Shangshu Road, Kunshan, Suzhou, Jiangsu, China (Accessible by bus from Kunshan, or by Kunshan bus 253 from Huaqiao station on Shanghai Metro line 11), ☎ . A picturesque ancient water town 15km south of Kunshan near the border with Shanghai. Qiandeng is listed as a national historical and cultural town and as a scenic spot.
Aozhao noodle is one of the most famous foods in Kunshan.
There are numerous Japanese teppanyaki restaurants in Kunshan, offering all-you-can-eat and drink deals for around 150rmb. These are located mainly along Bailu lu, at the intersections of chaoyang road and zhenchuan road.
Oasis Bar, Bailu Lu. Best bar in town, great western food and friendly people.
- Polman Hotel (昆山波尔曼酒店), 1098 West Qianjin Road (Qianjin Xi Lu),Kunshan. The Polman Hotel (Bo'erman Jiudian) is located in downtown Kunshan, about 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) from Kunshan's railway station.
For business travelers, this hotel offers the business center and variously-sized conference rooms. The hotel has a shop and you can play chess or cards. For those looking for something more social, there is a selection of private KTV rooms on the premises.