La Guaria is the capital of the state of Vargas in Venezuela. This is the 500 year old country's historic port of entry. It is located next to Maiquetia which hosts the airport which sees 90% of the international air traffic in Venezuela and is about 20 minutes drive when there is no traffic from the country capital of Caracas. In has no places to stay of note.
- 1 Casa Guipuzcoana. Former colonial customs house that is now a Vargas State government building.
- 2 Castillete de La Guaira. Formerly Fort San Agustin. Affords some decent views of the coastline and sea.
- 3 Coastal Belt of the State Vargas (Cinta Costera Estado Vargas), along Avenida Soublette. A cheeky beach promenade with airplanes and tanks on display.
- 4 Museo De Arte Ecológico, Galipan Path, ☏ . 08ː00-18ː00 daily. An eclectic art museum tying in the earth and its parts.
- 1 Posada Lomas de Galipan, ☏ . Cozy place to stay up in the mountains with a pool and views overlooking the Carribean.
- 2 Hotel Eurobuilding Express Maiquetía, Av. La Armada, Urb Av. Diez De Marzo, Maiquetía, ☏ . Spa, pool, gym, restaurant available at this 'Euro' place, plus you get a nice view of the Simon Bolivar Intl Airport for around 100 dollars.