La Manga is a seaside spit of Mar Menor on the coast of Murcia. It is a major sports and leisure resort.
The Mar Menor with its 5 islands and having shallow and protected waters, lends itself to being an international water-based sports station.
There are sailing and skiing schools that run periodical courses, as well as windsurfing and catamarans, and canoeing. In the nearby town of Los Belones is a stadium, La Manga Stadium, known for hosting numerous football clubs from all over the world during the winter months. La Manga Cup at La Manga Club has been staged every year since 1999. The 2011, 2012, and 2013 Copa del Sol tournaments were also held partly at the stadium, as were many of the 2000–01 Nordic Football Championship matches.
Activities include tennis, football golf and watersports.
- Spa La Manga Club, Hyatt Regency La Manga Hotel, Los Belones, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Surfing, windsurfing & kitesurfing at La Manga del Mar Menor: All along the Mar Menor are miles of stunning sandy beaches that are in kept to the highest conditions all year round. The crystal clear water at the Mar Menor provides Europe with one of the largest salt lagoons.
- Play Golf at La Manga Club (near Mar Menor). This area is well known for the golf courses and resorts. The weather in this area is sunny and warm all the year.
- Walking trails: La Manga is set around the Murcian mountains and enjoys stunning views over La Manga del Mar Menor. The area is on over 1500 acres of walking and riding trails. The activity centre at La Manga is able to provide suggested routes and detailed maps of these trails.
- Sailing: Yachts enter the Mar Menor from the Mediterranean at Tomas Maestre Marina, through a 4-m dredged channel crossed by a 7-m-high swing bridge (Puente del Estacio) that opens for 15 minutes every 2 hours from 08:00 to 22:00. You can also find several boats for rent all around the coast.
- Hyatt Las Lomas Village, Los Belones, La Manga, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 111 four-star self-catering apartments and 20 hotel rooms. The hotel has panoramic views across a large part of La Manga Club.
- Hyatt Regency La Manga, Los Belones, near Cartagena, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Facilities include 3 championship golf courses, a 28-court multi-surface championship tennis centre and 2,000 ft² (190 m2) spa. The hotel also has extensive meeting and incentive facilities.