Lake Forest lies between Interstate 5 and the 241, a toll road. The 241 ends about 5 miles south of the city, but this road can be used to reach the Riverside Area. I-405 begins a few miles north of Lake Forest and can be used as an alternate route north.
The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) does provide a pretty thorough bus service but it is still advised to rent a car.
- 1 Whiting Ranch Wilderness park, 27901 Glenn Ranch Rd, ☎ . approximately 2,500 acres of riparian and oak woodland canyons, rolling grassland hills and steep slopes of coastal sage scrub and chaparral.
- Nearby is the Irvine Spectrum and The Shops at Mission Viejo.
- 1 Peppino's, 23600 Rockfield Blvd, ☎ . For Italian food, the original restaurant on Lake Forest near the I-5.
- 2 Inca Mama's, 26676 Portola Parkway, Foothill Ranch (in Foothill Ranch), ☎ . a good choice for Peruvian
- 3 Diho Thai/Chinese, 23600 Rockfield Blvd (on Lake Forest near the I-5), ☎ .
- 4 El Paraiso, 25252 Jeronimo Rd (corner of Jeronimo and El Toro), ☎ . The food is inexpensive and is quite delicious. The main El Salvadorian dish is the papusa, which is filling but not heavy and a lot less greasy than Mexican food.
- 5 El Conejito's, 24331 Muirlands Boulevard #9 (on Ridge Route just East of Muirlands), ☎ . offers delicious Mexican food, inexpensive, yet at times greasy food
- 6 Avilla's El Ranchito, 24406 Muirlands Blvd (Just across Muirlands), ☎ . a chain restaurant with a lively decor and cheap, tasty Mexican food.
- 7 Miguel's, 26592 Towne Centre Dr (in the Foothill Ranch Town Center off Bake and Town Center Drive in the same parking lot as the theater.), ☎ .
- 1 Comfort Inn Spectrum Laguna Hills, 23061 Avenida de la Carlota, ☎ .
- 2 Courtyard Foothill Ranch Orange County, 27492 Portola Parkway, ☎ . Cradled by Mission Viejo, Lake Forest and the Saddleback Mountains, the Courtyard Foothill Ranch hotel is an oasis in South Orange County.
|Routes through Lake Forest|
|Santa Ana ← Irvine ←||N S||→ Mission Viejo → San Diego|