Lake Village is the county seat of Chicot County in the Delta region of Arkansas.
Lake Village is a bit of a sad dying delta town with its empty stores, but it has some interesting attractions nonetheless. Just like Greenville, MS on the other side of the Mississippi River, Lake Village is on an oxbow lake.
The town is located on Hwy 65 on a stretch designated as Arkansas' Great River Road.
- 1 Lakeport Plantation, 601 AR-142, ☏ . M-F 9AM-3:30PM. A Greek Revival plantation home from 1859 that is the only such remaining property along the Mississippi in Arkansas. It has a rather intriguing presence when surrounded by fields of cotton.
- 2 World War II Japanese American Internment Museum, 100 S Railroad St, McGehee (22 miles north of Lake Village in downtown McGehee), ☏ . This commemorates the Japanese detention camp that existed here during WWII. Even Japanese-Americans were displaced here.
- 1 Lake Chicot State Park, 2542 State Hwy 257, ☏ . Daily 8am-5pm. This place offers boating, fishing, and bird-watching opportunities on the oxbow lake known as Lake Chicot.
- 1 Turn On Inn, 3764 US-65, ☏ . Here you can rent a cabin with a view of Lake Chicot. $71.
- Lake Chicot State Park - something similar with cabins, less commercialized.