This article comprises the part of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Area that is West of I-15, but south of Summerlin Parkway and US 95.
Get in by car, taxi or bus [dead link] — there are many lines going into western Las Vegas, though this might mean transfers and/or some walking depending on where you're going.
Hotel casinos and attractions just across the interstate from the Strip can be accessed by walking.
- 1 Springs Preserve, 333 South Valley View Blvd, ☏ . Daily 10AM-6PM. A large complex in the center of the city that features a Desert Living Center, interactive wildlife shows, galleries, museums, various gardens, and historical and nature trails. $18.95 adults, $17.05 seniors/students, $10.95 youth (discounts for Nevada residents and active military).
- 2 Nevada State Museum, Las Vegas, 309 S Valley View Blvd, ☏ . Tu-Su 9AM-5PM. Adults $19.95, Nevada Residents $9.95, Children 18 & under free.
- 3 Las Vegas Chinatown Plaza, 4255 Spring Mountain Rd (about 1 mile west of Treasure Island, Take a westbound CAT Route 203 bus from the intersection of Las Vegas Boulevard and Spring Mountain Road between TI and the Fashion Show Mall). A place to experience Asian culture.
- 4 Hollywood Cars Museum, 5115 Dean Martin Dr (Located at the Hot Rod City dealership off the I-15 by the Strip, west of Luxor.), ☏ . Open daily. A 30,000 square foot car museum featuring vehicles that have appeared in over 100 films and TV shows. Visitors can see, among others, several James Bond cars, Knight Rider's KITT, Batmobiles, and a Back to the Future Delorean. $20 per person; kids under 16 are free with a paid adult.
- Liberace Garage, 5115 Dean Martin Dr. (inside the Hollywood Cars Museum), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. A gallery operated by the Liberace Foundation that exhibits several of Liberace's cars including a mirrored Rolls Royce and rhinestone-studded Dusenberg. This exhibit comes from the now defunct Liberace Museum. Tour package can include transportation to and private viewing of the Liberace Museum Collection located inside Michael Jackson's home, Thriller Villa. included with Hollywood Cars Museum ticket.
- 1 Red Rock Canyon (on the western edge of the Las Vegas city limits), ☏ . Visitor center open 8AM–4:30PM; park open Nov–Feb 6AM–5PM, Mar Oct 6AM–7PM, Apr–Sep 6AM–8PM. Features hundreds of traditional/gear and sport routes. Climbing is possible year-round, though spring and fall tend to be most comfortable. There are a couple of guide books that detail the routes. Though the area does not receive much precipitation, if the sandstone becomes wet (from rain or snow) it becomes brittle and you'd be wise to avoid it for at least two day before checking if it dried out. There is also a scenic drive through Red Rock Canyon, which will take you about 30 minutes to complete, though there are opportunities to park up and get out of the car, as well as numerous hiking trails and a campground open Labor Day–Memorial Day. When you drive in, you'll get a paper map and guide to the different roads and trails. Entry is $7 per car unless you have a National Park pass. Getting there without a car is hard, though organized bus tours do exist.
- 2 Wet'n'Wild, 7055 South Fort Apache Road, ☏ . Water park on the west side of town.
- 3 Lockdown Escape Rooms - Sahara, 6376 W Sahara Ave, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Noon-Midnight (reservation required). Three themed rooms for 2-6 players: Pharaoh's Curse, Wrongfully Accused, and Cursed Cabin, all rated medium difficulty. $35 per player.
- 4 The Basement - A Live Escape Room Experience, 3440 Polaris Ave, toll-free: , ✉ email@example.com. W-Th 5:30PM-11PM, F 5:30PM-1AM, Sa 11:45AM-1AM, Su 11:45AM-midnight (reservation required). Based on the original Basement in Los Angeles, this location has a pair of horror themed rooms that include the original Basement escape from a serial killer and a sequel called 'The Study'. One thing that sets the Basement apart from other escape rooms is the use of live actors in the experience. $50 per player.
- 5 VooDoo Zip Line, 3700 W Flamingo Rd (at the Rio Hotel), ☏ . M-Th noon-midnight, F-Su 10AM-midnight. Las Vegas' second and highest zip line. The VooDoo zip line extends across the towers of the Rio Hotel and Casino where riders soar 400 feet in the air between the Rio's two towers, offering 360-degree open-air views of the Vegas valley. $28-$40 (age and weight restrictions apply).
- 6 Penn and Teller, Rio, 3700 W Flamingo Rd, ☏ . Daily at 9PM. $75-85.
- 7 Chippendales, Rio, ☏ . The original all male revue.
- 8 Las Vegas Aviators (Las Vegas Ballpark), ☏ . A Triple-A baseball club, the Aviators have been in Las Vegas longer than any other professional sports team. The Aviators began as the Las Vegas Stars in 1983, changed their name to the Las Vegas 51s, a reference to Area 51, in 2001, and became the Aviators for 2019 and beyond. They have won 2 Pacific Coast League crowns and 10 division titles. The team opened a new ballpark in Summerlin in 2019. $5 to $30.
- College basketball tournaments, Orleans Arena. Of the four NCAA Division I conferences that hold their men's and women's basketball tournaments in the Las Vegas area, two of them hold those events at Orleans Arena, part of The Orleans hotel/casino complex. The West Coast Conference and Western Athletic Conference both hold their men's and women's tournaments in early March, with the winner of each tournament receiving its league's automatic berth in the NCAA men's or women's tournament.
- 9 Las Vegas Raiders (Allegiant Stadium). The NFL will come to Las Vegas in 2020, with the Oakland Raiders moving into a new stadium that is set to open in that year. The new stadium will also be home to the UNLV Rebels football team of the local University of Nevada, Las Vegas.
- 1 [dead link] Downtown Summerlin, Sahara Ave and 215 Beltway, ☏ , ✉ Info@DowntownSummerlin.com. Located in the western outskirts of Las Vegas, Downtown Summerlin offers 125 stores, restaurants and entertainment venues located in a 106-acre shopping district. Downtown Summerlin hosts 30 dining establishments and is in proximity of many other restaurants nearby as well as the Red Rock Casino. Plans exist to expand the area to 400 acres. Opened in 2014.
- 1 Village Seafood Buffet, Rio, 3700 W Flamingo Rd, ☏ . Su-Th 4PM-10PM, F Sa 3PM-11PM. This buffet is one of the better buffets in Las Vegas, with an extensive seafood collection (as well as other items). Lines can be long. The Rio also offers the Carnivale World Buffet, which is cheaper but does not offer a total seafood oriented buffet, but features a changing variety of dishes featuring seafood. Tables are close together, and can be noisy. $34.99 (dinner only).
- 1 [formerly dead link] Ghostbar, Palms, 4321 W Flamingo Rd, ☏ . 8PM-late. Located on the hotel's roof, this bar features a section of floor that is made of thick glass with nothing beneath it -- the glass is the only thing between your feet and the ground 55 stories below.
- 2 Frankie's Tiki Room, 1712 W Charleston Blvd, ☏ . Authentic tiki bar with lots of great decor and potent drinks. Look for the pink neon sign.
- 1 Palace Station, 2411 W. Sahara Ave (off I-15 near the Strip), ☏ . A modest hotel that's part of the local Station Casinos chain, with lower rates and better games than those typical of Vegas hotels.
- 2 Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino, 3700 W Flamingo Rd, ☏ , toll-free: . Claims to have some of the largest standard rooms in Las Vegas. Home to the World Series of Poker.
- 3 Gold Coast Hotel & Casino, 4000 W Flamingo Rd, ☏ , toll-free: . A full service hotel with a casino, eight restaurants, a 70 lane bowling alley, 711 hotel rooms. Free shuttle to the Strip, free valet parking, fitness center. Views of the Strip.
- 4 The Orleans, 4500 W Tropicana Ave, ☏ . A New Orleans French Quarter and Mardi Gras-themed casino. Affordable and family friendly. Includes an on-site arena that hosts the men's and women's basketball tournaments for the West Coast Conference and Western Athletic Conference every March.
- 5 Westgate Flamingo Bay, 5625 W Flamingo Rd, toll-free: . One and two bedroom villas equipped with a full kitchen, whirlpool tub, spacious living room and a fireplace. 2½ miles from the Strip.
- 6 Palms Casino Hotel & Palms Place, 4321 W Flamingo Rd, ☏ . A great view of the Strip from the Ghostbar. A Maloof casino.
- 7 JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort and Spa, 221 N Rampart Blvd, ☏ . Resort that includes the 40,000 sq foot Aquae Sulis Spa & Salon.