The nearest major airport is the international airport in Grenoble, located about 1h30 away by car and serviced by a number of no-frills and charter carriers. The larger International airport of Lyon St Exupéry is a little further at 2 hrs away. The European high-speed train, the TGV, can also take you from most major cities in Europe to its terminal in Lyon or Grenoble. There are regular shuttle buses from Lyon St Exupéry airport.
The only official transport is the ski buses which travel all around the resort regularly, and are completly free, there is also a connecting bus to alpe d'huez.
Ski! Les Deux Alpes is a great ski area with a variety of pistes suitable for all levels of skier. There is also the snow park with boxes, rails, jumps, half pipe and chill out zone which has something for the beginner to the expert rider.
Fortunately, considering our warming climate, Les Deux Alpes has a glacier which means that even in summer, there is skiing available. This also means that towards the end of the winter season, when many resorts are suffering the dreaded slushy pistes, there is still world class skiing to be had in LDA.
As well as skiing, there is hiking, swimming, ice skating available during the winter months as well as mountain biking, VTT tracks, hiking, walking during the summer.
- Le Break, 73 Avenue de la Muzelle (Across from the ecole du ski and main place), ☏ . Great home-made pizzas with proper dough. Also has a stand outside which does good crepes and gaufres.
La Porte de la Coté which serves super French food at a reasonable price, with enormous helpings
Il Caminetto in the Place de Venosc, which serves good ordinary food at very good prices: pizza, pasta and steaks etc
- [dead link] Smithy's Tavern, 7 rue de Cairou, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Closes at 2AM. Fun bar with crazy, fun loving bartenders, who are mostly Brits. The bar closes down for a period beginning in late April when the tourists stop coming, but opens up again in the summer. Beer starts at €5.
- Catered Chalet Les Deux Alpes. Ecrins Lodge is an idyllic catered chalet in Les Deux Alpes providing accommodation for up to 8 people
- Peak Retreats (Les Deux Alpes Accommodation Specialist), ☏ . A range of self-catering chalets, apartments and hotels in Les Deux Alpes. Accommodation sleeping 2-10, lift passes, ski school, equipment hire can be arranged. Bookable from the UK.
- ChaletGEM Ski Chalets (Ski chalets in Les Deux Alpes). Ski Chalet Directory, a selection of independently owned and managed ski chalets located in Les Deux Alpes
There are several ski schools in les deux alpes one of which is Easiski (Charlotte Swift, British National Ski Teacher, www.Easiski.com), who offers private coaching and small group lessons (on demand only).Maximum group sizes are 4 and lift priority is therefore always allowed.