Lezhë is about 8 km from the excellent beach of Shëngjin (St. John), about 30 km south of Shkodra, and 50 km north of Tirana. With the newer construction of the SH1 motorway that goes aside this city, it is nicely connected with major cities.
- 1 Lezhë bus station (just across the bridge to the centre, on the main north-south road). Most buses and vans (furgons) arrive and depart from this little square. There are signs indicating where to wait for which destination. Furgons to Rrëshen and Laç leave from the center of town.
- From Tirana one can catch a bus from the National Bus Station (Northern and Southern Bus Terminal.) It departs every hour on the hour during the day and costs 250 lek.
- From Durrës, there are two direct buses per day to Lezhë from the main bus station.
- From Shkodra, it's easiest to take a furgon from Sheshi Demokracia headed for Tirana.
- From cities in the south either change in Tirana or catch a bus/furgon to Shkodra and ask the driver if he can stop in Lezhë.
- If you are coming from the Northeast, you may have to get off in Milot and transfer to another vehicle.
- 2 Lezhë train station, Rruga e Stacionit (from the centre cross the bridge and main road and walk past the bus station).
There is one daily train that runs from Shkodra to Durrës and back that stops here, however the timetable is unknown, and service is intermittent because of the national rail company's continuous financial trouble.
The entire city of Lezhë is quite walkable.
To get to villages or to the beach at Shëngin, take a group van from the parking lot just past the bridge in the center of town.
- 1 Kalaja e Lezhës (Lezhë Castle) (from the Skanderbeg Memorial, look for a building with a big sign 'Mirdita'. Take the stairs next to it, then keep walking up the road for about 20 minutes). Daily 10:00-16:00. Age-old castle used by many civilisations. Beautiful 360˚ view of Lezhë, the Adriatic sea and the mountains. There are a few information panels in and around the castle in English. 100 lek.
- 2 Skanderbeg Memorial. Mausoleum of Skanderbeg, the national hero of Albania, who died in Lezhë in 1468. The place was both a church and a mosque at different points in history. As of December 2016, it was not possible to go inside the mausoleum, but one can take a peek through the doors and walk all around.
- 3 Ruins of Lissos. Remains of the old city of Lissus which has been ruled by many empires. There are a couple information panels in English around. As elsewhere in Albania, not much effort is put into preservation, and as such you can walk around the site freely unhindered by fences, or rules. Free.
- 4 Tale (take the bus from Lezham about 10 km). Tale is located in Lezha disctrict. Most of the beautiful beach is public. The sea waters are clean and there are numerous bars and restaurants with favorable prices and fresh food. The coastline is about 7 km with untouched areas. It is an ideal place for family gatherings. In Tale, you can also see big bunkers that were constructed during the communist time in Albania. Runners can enjoy the view while running on the paved roads or along the coastline.
- 5 Muzeu etnografik (ethnographic museum), Sheshi Gjergj Kastrioti, Lezhë 4501 (Pallati i Kulturës Ded Ndue Lazri). The ethnographic museum of Lezha will present the culture of this old city through traditions, but inside it you will also get to know its peculiarities.
The Ethnographic Museum of Lezha has inside a great variety of cultural values, costume design, handicrafts and handmade dishes.
If you have been thinking of visiting this city then be prepared to see many of its traditions and to seek much more to know.
- 6 House of At Gjergj Fishta (1871-1940). Cultural monument of first category. He is a famous poet in Albania.
- 7 Kisha Zoja Nunciata. 800-year-old Franciscan Church on the hill overlooking town.
- 8 Katedralja e Shen Nikollit. Newly built modern cathedral in the town's center.
- 9 Shengjin beach. Shëngjin Beach and surrounding wetlands reserve and birdwatching area of Kune-Vain-Tale.
- Take part in the annual Emigrant Day in mid-August in Lezhë!
- Kayak along the Fan River
- Visit Kthelle Regional Nature Park off the A1 Motorway
- Visit the Gurra Domgjon natural water source
- Refresh yourself with the cold and pure water of the Mirdita highlands
- Zadrimore textiles weaved with looms
- Ceramic pottery
- Restaurant Rapsodia, Lagjja Sake, Shëngjin (Follow the road maps to get to Lezha. Then take the road to Shëngjin. Passed 4 km you’ll find the Hotel Restaurant Rapsodia), ☏ . Italian-Albanian fusion.
- , Fishtë Village (Lezhe-Vau Dejes Road), ☏ . Named after the title of an Albanian writer and priest's book, this restaurant features all organic specialties of the Kallmet and Zadrime area.
- Fresh seafood in the seaside village of Shëngjin.
- Trëndafili Mistik (Te Diella), Vaini Lagoon, Ishull Lezhë, ☏ . Traditional local cuisine
- Traditional restaurants in the hamlet of Katund i Vjetër, Rubik
- 1 Natyra e Qete, Gryke Zeze, ☏ , email@example.com. 11:00-23:00. Natyra e qete is a meat restaurant, also in this restaurant you can find various traditional Albanian food.
- 2 Arberia Palace, Autostrada Lezhe - Tirane, SH1, Fushe Milot, ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. 08:00-23:00.
- 3 Piceri Marku (Piceri Marku Italiane), AL, Rruga Franz Josef Strauß, ☏ . 07:00-22:00. Piceri Marku is held as the best place for pizza because they are especially served and people who like them a lot understand that they are very similar to pizza in Italy.
- Try local wines from the Kallmet region.
- 1 Bar Amerika, Bregu i Drinit, Rruga Luigj Gurakuqi.
- 2 Giardino Della Pace.
- 3 BAR-CELONA, Bregu i Drinit, Rruga Luigj Gurakuqi, ☏ . 07:00-22:00.
- 4 Eridon Lounge, Lezhë District (Lgj: SKENDERBEJ, behind the palace of culture), ☏ . 07:00-23:00. Coffee bar that offers a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, an outdoor environment is provided for smokers, and we also offer ice cream with different flavors.
- 5 My Bar 2 (My Bar NR.2), Shetitorja Gjergj Fishta, ☏ . 07:00-23:00.
- 6 Island Bar Pizzeri, ☏ . 24 hours. Island Bar Pizzeri is the restorant when people drinking and eating.
- 1 Rambuje Resort, Ishull-Lezhë. Situated in Ishull-Lezhë, 1.5 km from Kune Beach, in Rambuje Resort everyone has the possibility to find everything he needs in one place: bar, restaurant, music activities, play garden, sports environment, a seasonal outdoor swimming pool, free private parking.
- 2 Camping Albania B&B Restaurant, Barbullush village, Bushat, ☏ , email@example.com. Check-in: 10:00, check-out: 12:00. This campsite is run by an Albanian-Dutch family and welcomes all types of campers. It is in Barbullush village in the Bushat municipality, 10 km north of Lezhë. The environment is beautiful, countryside with views over the beautiful mountains. The camping is basic and clean according to western standards. They have a good buffet restaurant and small swimming pool. Free wifi all over the campsite. From €5 p.p. B&B €40 double/€30 single.
- 3 Hotel Marub, Katund i Vjetër, Rubik, ☏ . Enjoying a quiet location in a forested valley surrounded by mountains, Hotel Marub provides eco-friendly accommodation in the district of Mirdita. This family-run hotel, offers rooms with wooden furnishings and free Wi-Fi. All rooms are air-conditioned and feature a balcony with mountain views, a seating area, and a private bathroom. Amenities include a minibar and a flat-screen satellite TV. The Hotel Marub’s restaurant features a summer terrace and serves organic food, locally sourced herbs and cheeses. A selection of hot and cold drinks is available, as well as water from mountain springs. Hotel Marub values environmental protection, careful use of water and recycling. Solar panels on the roof and energy-saving insulation are featured. Walking, hiking and trekking opportunities can be found in the vicinity. Front desk can help arrange excursions to various destinations in Northern Albania. The hotel is about 2 km from State Road SH30. The Adriatic Sea and the town of Lezhë are within 30 km from Marub Hotel. Tirana can be reached within 70 km. Free private parking is possible on site.
- 4 Hotel Liss Lezhe, Rruga Beslidhja City Center, ☏ . Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. Hotel Liss aims to make your visit as relaxing and enjoyable as possible, which is why so many guests continue to come back year after year.
Free wifi is offered to guests, and rooms at Hotel Liss offer air conditioning, a minibar, and a desk.
During your stay, take advantage of some of the amenities offered, including a 24 hour front desk, room service, and newspaper. Guests of Hotel Liss are also welcome to enjoy free breakfast, located on site. For travelers arriving by car, free parking is available.
- 5 Hotel Ambasadori, Rr.Luigj Gurakuqi (Ura e Cenit), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Hotel Ambasador provides accommodations with a garden, free private parking, a restaurant and a bar. With free WiFi, this 5-star hotel offers room service and a 24-hour front desk. The rooms come with a balcony with mountain views.
Guest rooms at the hotel include air conditioning, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, Game console, and a private bathroom with a bidet, free toiletries and a hairdryer. Each room includes a safety deposit box, while selected rooms contain a terrace and others also offer city views. All rooms will provide guests with a fridge.
Spitali Rajonal Lezhë, Lezha Regional Hospital provides various medical services, including emergency care, general surgery, internal medicine, pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, radiology, laboratory services, and more. They likely offer a range of specialized departments and clinics to cater to different medical needs.
Address: Lagjia Varosh Lezhë
Contact: 127 or 0215 2 2222
- Shkodra (buses to €1.5 paid on the bus, leaving from the bus station; 42 min, 38.6 km away.)
- Pukë (buses to €2.5 paid on the bus, leaving from the bus station; 1 h 27 min, 74.3 km away.)
- Mirdita (buses to €1.5 paid on the bus, leaving from the bus station; 48 min, 50.3 km away.)
- Theth (buses to €4.5 paid on the bus, leaving from the bus station; 2 h 32 min, 114.5 km away.)
- Ulcinj (buses to €2.5 paid on the bus, leaving from the bus station; 1 h 21 min, 74.6 km away.)
- Kukës (buses to €4.2 paid on the bus, leaving from the bus station; 1 h 28 min, 107.3 km away.