Lezhë is about 8 km from the excellent beach of Shengjin (Saint-Gean), about 30 km south of Shkodra, and 50 km north of Tirana. With the newer construction of the SH1 motorway that goes aside this city, it is nicely connected with major cities.
- 1 Lezhë bus station (just across the bridge to the centre, on the main north-south road). All buses and furgons arrive and depart from this little square. There are signs indicating where to wait for which destination.
- From Tirana one can catch a bus from the bus station near Zogu i Zi. It departs every hour on the hour during the day and costs 250 lek.
- From Durrës, there are two direct buses per day to Lezhë from the main bus station.
- From Shkodra, it's easiest to take a furgon from Sheshi Demokracia headed for Tirana and ask beforehand if you can be dropped off in Lezhë.
- From cities in the south either change in Tirana or catch a bus/furgon to Shkodra and ask the driver if he can stop in Lezhë.
- If you are coming from the Northeast, you may have to get off in Milot and transfer to another vehicle.
- 2 Lezhë train station, Rruga e Stacionit (from the centre cross the bridge and main road and walk past the bus station).
There is one daily train that runs from Shkodra to Durrës and back that stops here, however the timetable is unknown, and service is intermittent because of the national rail company's continuous financial trouble.
The entire city of Lezhe is quite walkable.
To get to villages or to the beach at Shengin, take a group van from the parking lot just past the bridge in the center of town.
- 1 Kalaja e Lezhës (Lezhë Castle) (from the Skanderbeg Memorial, look for a building with a big sign 'Mirdita'. Take the stairs next to it, then keep walking up the road for about 20 minutes). Daily 10:00-16:00. Age-old castle used by many civilisations. Beautiful 360˚ view of Lezhë, the Adriatic sea and the mountains. There are a few information panels in and around the castle in English. 100 Lek.
- 2 Skanderbeg Memorial. Mausoleum of Skanderbeg, the national hero of Albania, who died in Lezhë in 1468. The place itself was both a church and a mosque at different points in history. As of december 2016, it was not possible to go inside the mausoleum, but one can take a peek through the doors and walk all around.
- 3 Ruins of Lissos. Remains of the old city of Lissos which has been ruled by many empires. There are a couple information panels in English around. As elsewhere in Albania, not much effort is put into preservation, and as such you can walk around the site freely unhindered by fences, or rules. Free.
- Kisha Zoja Nunciata: 800-year-old Franciscan Church on the hill overlooking town.
- Katerdrale Shen Nikollit: Newly built modern cathedral in the town's center.
- Shengjin Beach and surrounding wetlands reserve / birdwatching area of Kune-Vain-Tale
- The famous hunting lodge in Ishull Lezhe.
- Take part in the annual Emigrant Day in mid-August in Lezhe!
- Kayak along the Fan River
- Visit Kthelle Regional Nature Park off the A1 Motorway
- Visit the Gurra Domgjon natural water source
- Refresh yourself with the cold and pure water of the Mirdita highlands
- Zadrimore textiles weaved with looms
- Ceramic pottery
- Restaurant Rapsodia, Lagja Sake, Shengjin (Follow the road maps to get to Lezha. Then take the road to Shëngjin. Passed 4 km you’ll find the Hotel Restaurant RAPSODIA), ☎ . Italian-Albanian fusion
- , Fishte Village (Lezhe-Vau Dejes Road), ☎ . Named after the title of an Albanian writer and priest's book, this restaurant features all organic specialties of the Kallmet and Zadrime area.
- Fresh seafood in the seaside village of Shengjin.
- Trendafili Mistik (Te Diella), Vaini Lagoon, Ishull Lezhe, ☎ . Traditional local cuisine
- Traditional restaurants in the hamlet of Katund i Vjeter, Rubik
- Try local wines from the Kallmet region
- 1 Camping Albania B&B Restaurant, Barbullush village, Bushat, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 10:00, check-out: 12:00. This campsite is run by an Albanian-Dutch family and welcomes all types of campers. It is located in Barbullush village in the Bushat municipality, 10km north of Lezhe. The environment is beautiful, countryside with views over the beautiful mountains. The camping is basic and clean according to western standards. They have a good buffet restaurant and small swimming pool. Free wifi all over the campsite. From €5 p.p. B&B €40 double/€30 single.
- Hotel Marub, Katund i Vjeter, Rubik, ☎ .