Lezhë is a small city in Albania. Lately there has been new development, and a lot of new houses and hotels have been built.
Lezhë is about 8 km far from the excellent beach of Shengjin (Saint-Gean), and about 30 km south of Shkodra, and 50 km north of Tirana.
With the newer construction of the highway that goes aside this city, it is nicely connected with major cities.
From the south
You can take a direct bus from Tirana to Lezhe. You can catch this bus at the parking lot at Rruga reshit petrela and Bulevardi Zogu I. Buses leave every hour from sunup to sundwon. The price is usually 200 leke. The bus will drop you off in the center of Lezhe.
From the South, take any vehicle to Tirana and transfer to a vehicle headed for Lezhe.
From Durres, you may take a bus directly to Lezhe / Shkodra, but no group vans leave from this location. The bus only leaves Durres twice daily from the central bus terminal.
From the south
You may also take a group van, or "furgon." The price is usually 500 leke. Alternatively, pick up a bus or van to Shkodra, and ask the driver to let you off in Lezhe.
From the north
From the North, take any bus or van towards the capital and ask the driver to let you off in Lezhe. If you are coming from the Northeast, you may have to get off in Milot and transfer to another vehicle.
The entire city of Lezhe is quite walkable.
To get to villages or to the beach at Shengin, take a group van from the parking lot just past the bridge in the center of town.
- The memorial of Gjergj Kastrioti Skënderbeu (George Kastrioti), an Albanian national hero, is located in Lezhë. It is a beautiful memorial of a person that fought during 15th century against Turkish invaders.
- Kisha Zoja Nunciata: 800-year-old Franciscan Church on the hill overlooking town.
- Katerdrale Shen Nikollit: Newly built modern cathedral in the town's center.
- Lezha Castle at top of the hill overlooking the city
- Shengjin Beach and surrounding wetlands reserve / birdwatching area of Kune-Vain-Tale
- The famous hunting lodge in Ishull Lezhe.
- Take part in the annual Emigrant Day in mid-August!
- Zadrimore textiles weaved with looms
- Ceramic pottery
- Restaurant Rapsodia, Lagja Sake, Shengjin (Follow the road maps to get to Lezha. Then take the road to Shëngjin. Passed 4 km you’ll find the Hotel Restaurant RAPSODIA), ☎ . Italian-Albanian fusion
- Mrizi i Zanave, Fishte Village (Lezhe-Vau Dejes Road), ☎ . Named after the title of an Albanian writer and priest's book, this restaurant features all organic specialties of the Kallmet and Zadrime area.
- Fresh seafood in the seaside village of Shengjin.
- Trendafili Mistik (Te Diella), Vaini Lagoon, Ishull Lezhe, ☎ . Traditional local cuisine
Try local wines from the Kallmet region
- Camping Albania B&B Restaurant, Barbullush village, Bushat, ☎ 67 380 7207. The campsite is run by an Albanian-Dutch family and welcomes all types of campers. It is located in Barbullush village in Bushat municipality north of Lezhe. The environment is beautiful, countryside with views over the beautiful mountains. The Camping is basic and clean according to western standards, and with various facilities that make your stay very pleasant. They have a good Buffet Restaurant and small swimming-pool. There is a possibility to use their free and very fast WIF Internet connection all over the campsite. The Camping is particularly suitable for people who love peace, space and natural beauty.