The Lihue Airport is the main aviation gateway for the island of Kauai.
- [dead link]The Country Store. Kilohana Plantation in Lihue, hand-crafted gifts created by local artists.
- Kukui Grove Shopping Center. Lihue, the island's largest shopping center featuring Macy's, Long's Drug, Star Market, American Savings, and other retail shops and restaurants.
- Hamura's Saimin Stand, 2956 Kress St (behind the Salvation Army), ☎ . M-Th 10AM-10:30PM, F Sa 10AM-midnight, Su 10AM-9PM. Saimin is Hawaii's contribution to noodle cuisine, and Hamura's does it better than anyone else; it won a James Beard Award in 2006. Seating is first-come-first-served with communal tables. Bowls come in sizes from small to extra large. Order the extra fixings - vegetables, hard boiled egg, roast pork, and wontons - and try the Lilikoi pie for dessert. Less than $10; credit cards not accepted.
- Mariachi's Authentic Mexican Grill, 3501 Rice St # 205, ☎ . Good service, native Mexican staff, atmosphere is relaxing, and the food is fantastic. The meals are a good value for the price, especially on weeknights. The super burrito is a favorite! In the same building as Kalapaki Joe's at Nawiliwili Harbor.
- [dead link]Pho Kauai, 4303 Rice St # B1 (SW cnr of Rice & Kress. Next door to the bowling alley in the strip mall. Just before the Toyota dealership on the left (south) side of Rice coming from the airport/west), ☎ . Great meal for a low price by vacation/holiday or everyday living standards. Local establishment with authentic Pacific Rim food. Soup (Pho) is above average on the U.S. West Coast grading curve. Many other Vietnamese meals on the menu. Excellent for kids. Clean dining room with a casual atmosphere & friendly service (normal for a family restaurant). Well worth seeking out if you are visiting & looking for a healthy & low price meal. Very low prices for Kauai dining.