Litovel is a city in North Moravia, Czech Republic. This royal town is in the center of the north-western part of Haná. Due to the seven branches of Morava river flowing through the town, Litovel is called Venice in Haná (Hanácké Benátky).
About 30 minutes from Olomouc Bus 770 and Bus 775.
- Town Hall is the tallest (72m) Town Hall built over the Morava river. It is open to the public.
- St John bridge (Svatojánský most) - 3rd oldest and still in use stone bridge in Czech Republic. It stands on 6 pillars and in the middle there is a statue of St. Jan Nepomucký by Jan Sturmer.
- Stairs to Nečíz (Schody k Nečízu) - technical monument, open entrance to one branch of Morava river - Nečíz - that runs underneath the square and Town Hall.
- Plague column
- Neorenaissance gymnasium building from 1904.
- City's stone walls
- Swedish plaque commemorating Swedish conquest of the city. Built in 1652 it has cannonballs walled in.
- Tour the brewery  (contact ahead, tours available on working days and only for groups - min. 15 people)
- Venice of Haná (Hanácké Benátky, June) - traditional city festival
- Folk festival Zahrada in Náměšť na Hané (July)
- Litovelský otvírák (August) - open doors day in Litovel brewery. This is the very popular festival of music, friendly meetings, and of course Litovel beer. Visitors can taste more than 10 kinds of Litovel beer (12°, special 13°, dark, lemon or morrelo cherry taste, non-alcoholic).
- Litovelské slavnosti (September) - traditional city festival with a rich accompanying program - celebrities, fair, funfair, fireworks, music, traditional historical craft.
Eat and drink
Drink beer from Litovel brewery at:
- Restaurant Museum Litovel
- Litovel brewery pub
- Modrá Hvězda
- Bowling Myslivna
- Bowling - pizzeria Litovel
- Protected landscape area Litovelské pomoraví - Litovel lies in the middle of the large protected area of Morava rivers meanders with flood-plain forests and unique natural qualities.
- The Mladeč caves and its neighbourhood - the significant archeological site where the oldest bones of human community in Europe were found. In the woods around Mladeč there are many curiosities - the Church of Friendship, Satan's bridge (Čertův most) or Podkova cavern, obelisk.
- The Javoříčko caves
- Bouzov castle
- Castle and chateau Usov
- Chudobín - small village with three churches - catholic, Hussite and orthodox
- Arboretum in Bílá Lhota
- Pískovna náklo - the gravel-pit near the village Náklo where was formed large natural bathing place with very pure water. It is the popular place to swimming (at one's own risk!), fishing, water sports and sunbathing. There is a buffet and a nudist beach, as well.
- Haná museum of Orders in Příkazy - folk architecture