Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > East of England > Cambridgeshire > Huntingdon
- For other places with the same name, see Huntingdon (disambiguation).
Huntingdon is served by regular First Capital Connect trains between London and Peterborough.
There is a very limited bus service in Huntingdon. It is highly recommended that you do not use it.
Most of the people who live in Huntingdon use a car to get around. It's easy to do this but be wary of rush-hour traffic around the ring-road, it's horrendous. There are some car parks.
There are a few bike lanes in Huntingdon, use them when you can to avoid bad traffic.
There are plenty of pavements and public footpaths, so you can easily walk around Huntingdon.
- 1 Cromwell Museum, Grammar School Walk, ☎ .
- 2 Houghton Mill, Houghton, near Huntingdon, PE28 2AZ, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Barney's Plaice, 22 High St, ☎ . Fish & Chips
- Pizza Express, 105 High Street, PE29 3LB, ☎ . 11:30 - 23:00. A chain of the pizza company that everyone has heard of. As per usual, they serve great food.
- 2 The Crown Inn, Bridge Rd, Broughton, ☎ . Village pub
- 3 The Brampton Mill, Bromholme Ln, Brampton, ☎ .
- 4 The Darjeeling, 69 High St., ☎ .
- George Hotel. This pub near All Saints church serves food as well as good drink.
- 1 Samuel Pepys Diaryrooms, 146 High St (near the Methodist church.), ☎ . This pub serves great food and drink.
- 1 George Hotel, George St, ☎ . as much a piece of history
- 2 Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, Hinchingbrooke Business Park, Kingfisher Way, ☎ . Well equipped good sized suites available. Reasonable buffet English and continental breakfast. Free parking. Gym and pool.
- 3 Holiday Inn Huntingdon - Racecourse, Thrapston Rd, Brampton (next to racecourse), ☎ .
- Take a bus to the nearby historic cities of Cambridge or Ely
- Take a bus to the nearby historic fenland town of Ramsey (Cambridgeshire)
- Take the train to London
- Little Gidding, small village made famous by TS Eliot and Nicholas Ferrar.