Europe > Britain and Ireland > United Kingdom > England > East of England > Cambridgeshire > Huntingdon
- For other places with the same name, see Huntingdon (disambiguation).
There is a very limited bus service in Huntingdon. It is highly recommended that you do not use it.
Most of the people who live in Huntingdon use a car to get around. It's easy to do this but be wary of rush-hour traffic around the ring-road, it's horrendous. There are some car parks.
There are a few bike lanes in Huntingdon, use them when you can to avoid bad traffic.
There are plenty of pavements and public footpaths, so you can easily walk around Huntingdon.
- 1 Cromwell Museum, Grammar School Walk, ☏ .
- 2 Houghton Mill, Houghton, near Huntingdon, PE28 2AZ, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 1 Barney's Plaice, 22 High St, ☏ . Fish & chips.
- Pizza Express, 105 High Street, PE29 3LB, ☏ . 11:30AM-11PM. A chain of the pizza company that everyone has heard of. As per usual, they serve great food.
- 2 The Crown Inn, Bridge Rd, Broughton, ☏ . Village pub.
- 3 The Brampton Mill, Bromholme Ln, Brampton, ☏ . Good food, and real ales in old mill by the river.
- 4 [formerly dead link] The Darjeeling, 69 High St., ☏ .
- 5 [dead link] Hill Ephesus Restaurant, 6 Market Hill, Huntingdon PE29 3NR, ☏ . M-Sa 10AM-11PM, Su 11AM-9PM.
- George Hotel. This pub near All Saints church serves food as well as good drink.
- 1 [dead link] Samuel Pepys Diaryrooms, 146 High St (near the Methodist church.), ☏ . This pub serves great food and drink.
- 1 George Hotel, George St, ☏ . as much a piece of history
- 2 Huntingdon Marriott Hotel, Hinchingbrooke Business Park, Kingfisher Way, ☏ . Well equipped good sized suites available. Reasonable buffet English and continental breakfast. Free parking. Gym and pool.
- 3 Holiday Inn Huntingdon - Racecourse, Thrapston Rd, Brampton (next to racecourse), ☏ . Modern furnished rooms, some with a direct view of the race course. Good breakfast, free parking, safe in rooms. Bar lounge.
- 4 Old Bridge Hotel, 1 High Street PE29 3QT, ☏ . Quality rooms in an ivy-swathed Georgian house. Very good restaurant. Popular bar, wine shop and for cream teas. B&B double £150.
- Take a bus to the nearby historic cities of Cambridge or Ely
- Take a bus to the nearby historic fenland town of Ramsey (Cambridgeshire)
- Take the train to London
- Little Gidding, small village made famous by TS Eliot and Nicholas Ferrar.
|Routes through Huntingdon|
|Peterborough ← merges with ←||N S||→ St Neots → London|
|Birmingham ← Kettering ←||W E||→ Cambridge → Felixstowe|