Jump to navigation Jump to search
Livingstonia is a city in Malawi.
Buses go from Mzuzu to Chitimba. Then you can take a shared taxi or motorcycle taxi up the harrowing road to Livingstonia. This last section is not recommended to do in the rain.
Shared taxis can be found from Mzuzu directly to Livingstonia.
There are plenty of motorcycle taxis found in town.
- Stone Cairn. The cairn is said to mark the location where Doctor Laws slept on his first night in the town prior to establishing his mission. It's a National Monument.
- Stone House. The home built by Doctor Laws where he resided.
- Chombe Plateau: stunning 360-degree views of Lake Malawi, Nyika National Park, and the surrounding mountain ranges of Tanzania. 45 minute hike from the base to the plateau.
- Manchewe Waterfalls: brimming with natural beauty, flora and fauna, with views that shouldn't be missed, Manchewe is Malawi's tallest waterfall with a height of 300 ft. There's a viewpoint, a cave used by runaway slaves, and you can hike to the bottom of the falls.
- 1 The Mushroom Farm, T305, ☏ +265-0-999-652485. Super cute, eco GLAMping within walking distance of Livingstonia. Mushroom Farm offers different types of rental options including cabins, safari tents, shared dorms, and camping. Food and bar serving primarily vegan and vegetarian food is onsite. $5-20. dorm beds $10/12, private rooms $30+.