Lockerbie (Scottish Gaelic: Logarbaidh) is a small town in Dumfries and Galloway, most famous as the setting for the tragic 1988 crash of Pan Am flight 103, following the detonation of a bomb on board.
1 Lockerbie station is served primarily by First Transpennine Express trains from Manchester Airport to Glasgow and Edinburgh via Carlisle. Occasional Virgin trains may be available from London Euston and Birmingham but trains to these destinations usually require a change at Carlisle. Lockerbie is about an hour by train from both Glasgow and Edinburgh and about 2 hours 15 minutes from Manchester (another 15 minutes gets you to Manchester Airport)
- 1 Dryfesdale Lodge Visitors' Centre. Mar-Sep 10.00 -16.00, Oct 11.00 - 15.00. An exhibition on the history of Lockerbie, and of Flight 103. The memorial garden is nearby
- 2 Hallmuir P.O.W. Chapel (About 1 mile from Lockerbie). Built by Ukrainians who came to Scotalnd from Italy in 1947.
- 3 Lockerbie Air Disaster Memorial Window (Lockerbie Town Hall). office hours.
- 1 Eskrigg Reserve (Lockerbie Wildlife Trust) (Just outside of Lockerbie on the A709, opposite Dryfesdale Lodge Visitors' Centre). Pleasant woodland walks surrounding the site of an old curling pond.
- 2 Lockerbie Ice Rink, 14 Glasgow Road, Lockerbie, DG11 2AR, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com.
- 1 Cobwebs of Lockerbie (Cobwebs Antiques), 30 Townhead Street, Lockerbie, DG11 2AG, ☎ . 09:00-17:00, Closed Sundays. Antiques, Reproductions, and Curios. Featured on the BBC TV series "Antiques Road Trip".
- 1 Just Be Bistro, 53 High St, ☎ .
- 2 Café 91, 91 High Street, Lockerbie, DG11 2DA, ☎ . 08:30-17:00. Cozy, casual café popular with locals.
- 1 The Royal Bar, 6 Station Road, Lockerbie, DG11 2HA, ☎ . 11:00-23:00. Cosy, casual pub, featuring a pool table and darts.
- 2 The Black Bull, 13 Station Road, Lockerbie, DG11 2HA, ☎ . 11:00-23:00. Bar with outdoor beer seating area.
- Riverside Mill Bed and Breakfast, Dalton Hook, Lockerbie, DG11 1DG, ☎ . Experience the spectacular sights and sounds of the River Annan cascading through the grounds of the peaceful Riverside Mill B&B whilst still only being 3 miles away from the M74 (M6). £60.
- 1 The Townhead Hotel, Townhead Street, Lockerbie, DG11 2AG, ☎ . Check-in: 12pm-10pm, check-out: 11am. Less than 5 minutes walk from Lockerbie Train Station, the Townhead offers well-appointed bed and breakfast accommodation. There is free WiFi and a private car park.
- 2 The Crown Hotel, 95 High Street, Lockerbie, DG11 2DA, ☎ . Situated in the centre of town, a short walk from the station, with convenient links to local bus services.
- 3 King's Arms Hotel, 29 High Street, Lockerbie DG11 2JL, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Pet friendly, Wi-Fi throughout hotel, Complimentary bottled water, Tea & Coffee Making Facilities, Meeting facilities
- 4 Somerton House Hotel (The Somerton), 35 Carlisle Road, Lockerbie, DG11 2DR, ☎ .
- 5 The Queen's Hotel, Old Annan Road, Lockerbie, DG11 2RB, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Check-in: 14:00, check-out: 11:00. A privately run country house hotel standing in over three acres of its own grounds and gardens.
|Routes through Lockerbie|
|Glasgow ← Douglas ←||NW SE||→ Gretna → Manchester|