- Interstate 5: Longview is located just off of I-5 and is accessed from Exits #36B (SR-432 Talley Way) & 39 (Allen St/SR-4) through Kelso along Allen St.
- SR-432 Goes from Exit 36B of I-5 to 3rd Ave and aound town as Industrial Ave to SR-4 west of town. To go into town go past 3rd Ave and continue onto Tennant Way (follow signs) which ends at 15th Ave/Oregon Way, just south of town.
- SR-4: Goes through town from I-5 as Allen St which becomes Catlin St once it reaches Washington Way. Going west from Washington Way the road becomes Ocean Beach Hwy (SR-4) which connects Longview/Kelso to the coast (Long Beach & Astoria) along the Washington side of the Columbia River.
- Washington Way Local boulevard that connects Ocean Beach Hwy (SR-4)/Catlin in West Kelso into downtown Longview.
- SR-433 Crosses the Columbia River on the Lewis & Clark Bridge from US Hwy 30 in Rainier, OR and into town as Oregon Way. From its intersection with Tennant Way the same road goes into downtown as 15th Ave. Drivers can circumvent the town along Industrial Way (SR-432) to reach SR-4 or I-5 without going through town.
- Amtrak. The nearby 1 Kelso Station (Amtrak Station). in the neighboring town of Kelso is where Amtrak trains and Greyhound buses are at.
The 1 Longview Transit Center on S 12th Ave & Hemlock, serves as central bus station for River Cities Transit and other regional bus & shuttle companies serving southwest Washington:
- River Cities Transit, ☏ . Local city buses around Longview proper and to neighboring Kelso. Take the #45 bus to the Kelso Amtrak/Greyhound Station to transfer to the Greyhound buses or Amtrak trains.
- Columbia County Rider (CC Rider) Rt #5, (stops) Kelso/Longview Amtrak Station, Longview Transit Center, St John Medical Center, ☏ . Connections to St Helens via Rainier and Gable along US Hwy 30. Bus connections to Portland (Rt #1) is in St Helens. Faster to go on Greyhound for going to Portland. $5 base zone + $1 additional zone or $2 on the Flex route.
- Lower Columbia CAP, ☏ . Rural public bus system serving Castle Rock, Lexington (suburbs/rural area north of Kelso), Longview Kalama, Woodland, and Vancouver 99th St Station (north of Vancouver, WA). Transfer to/from the C-Tran buses at the 99th St Station to other places in Vancouver and to Portland (Rt #105). $2 per boarding.
- Wahkiakum on the Move, (office & bus garage) 42 Elochoman Valley Rd, Cathlamet, WA 98612, ☏ . Bus to Rockets Diner in Naselle, WA via Cathlamet, WA (major town and county seat) in neighboring Wahkiakum County, along Hwy 4. 'Wahkiakum on the Move' has additional local stops in the Kelso-Longview area for pick-up and drop off. Connections to Pacific Transit Rt #50 to Ilwaco, Astoria and South Bend at Rockets Diner in Naselle.
Major streets radiate like wheel spokes from the 1 RA Long Square (Central Park) in the city center.
- 2 Lake Sacajawea.
- 3 Nutty Narrows Bridge (the squirrel bridge) (Hangs over Olympia Way northwest of its intersection with 18th Ave).
- 4 RA Long High School, 2903 Nichols Blvd, ☏ .
Driving through Longview in the fall is a pleasure for the eyes that is more typical to New England than the Pacific Northwest. Where much of Washington state is covered with evergreen trees the city of Longview has planted hundreds of deciduous trees all around town. Every fall the area between the civic circle and RA Long is covered in leaves of every imaginable color.
- 1 Triangle Center, 1015 Ocean Beach Hwy. Hours vary by tenant/store. Southwest of the intersection of Ocean Beach Hwy (SR-4) & Washington Way (in a large triangular shaped lot). Triangle Center hosts Bed Bath & Beyond; Michaels, Maurices, Petco, Ross Dress for Less, Ulta, WinCo Foods and numerous other shops, banks & restaurants in the mall and in the immediate surrounding areas not part of the mall (Taco Bell, Sizzlers, Stuffy's, among others) along Ocean Beach Hwy & Washington Way. Unlike a traditional mall where everything is under one big roof, in a single building, this mall consists of several smaller buildings spread further out from each other in a huge parking lot.
- 2 Cowlitz Community Farmer's Market, 1900 7th Ave (New Expo Center Building at NW corner of county fairgrounds). Tu & Sa 9AM-12PM from April to October.
- 3 Walmart Supercenter, 540 7th Ave, ☏ . Daily 7AM-10PM.
- 4 Walmart Supercenter, 3715 Ocean Beach Hwy (Ocean Beach Hwy & 38th Ave, NW of town.), ☏ . Daily 7AM-10PM.
Longview loves its coffee. Of course there are a number of Starbucks locations, but in addition to that there are:
- 1 [dead link] The Electric Bean, 946 Washington Way Suite 110 (Washington Way & 10th Ave), ☏ . They also feature regular concerts and art shows.
- 2 Guse's Gourmet Coffee, 1208 Commerce Ave (Commerce Ave & Hemlock St), ☏ . M-F 8AM-4PM, Sa 9AM-3PM.
These are great places to hang out and grab a drink whether it's coffee, smoothies, hot chocolates, or tea.
- 1 Quality Inn & Suites Longview Kelso, 723 7th Ave, ☏ . Check-in: 3PM, check-out: 11AM. Indoor pool/hot tub, continental breakfast, and WiFi included.
See the Kelso article, under Sleep, for additional listings of accommodations near the Three Rivers Mall off of Allen St & I-5 (Exit #39).
- 1 Longview Public Library, 1600 Louisiana St, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- 2 Longview Post Office (US Postal Service (USPS)), 1603 Larch St (Larch & 16th Ave at SE Corner of RA Long Square), ☏ . M-F 8:30AM-5PM.
|Routes through Longview|
|Olympia ← Centralia/Chehalis ←||N S||→ Vancouver → Portland|
|Naselle ← Cathlamet ←||W E||→ Kelso → Ends at at Exit 39|
|Jct ← Jct at Oregon Way ←||W E||→ Jct 3rd Ave & Tennant Way → Ends at at Exit 36B|
|Jct at Industrial Way ←||N S||→ Rainier → Ends at|