Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lower Assam is a region west of Assam, India.
- 1 Bongaigaon — Commercial and industrial hub, home to many monuments of Assamese culture
- 2 Borgang — experience the rich folklore and culture of rural Assam in a picturesque landscape.
- 3 Goalpara —
- 4 Guwahati — Capital and largest city in Assam, city of temples, history and archaeological sites
- 5 Rangia — Major railway town and a part of Kamrupi cultural region.
- 6 Tezpur — Ancient town and also said to be the cultural capital of Assam, with many historical ruins with the Himalayas as a backdrop.
- 1 Manas National Park — the wildlife park is in the foothills of Eastern Himalayas, where the river Manah flows with picturesque turns and clean water and sandy beaches. Although Manas is primarily a tiger reserve, it possesses numerous other valuable flora and fauna; the park is situated roughly 150 km west of Guwahati.
- 2 Nameri National Park — One of the most scenic national parks of Assam, Nameri comes as a delight for the nature-loving and bird-watching traveller. The bird life is particularly superb. Also, the chances of spotting a Tiger are very high.
- 3 Orang National Park (Mini Kaziranga National Park) — Marshes, streams and grasslands provide a habitat for the Indian rhinoceros, Asian elephant, wild buffalo and tiger. It provides a home for many migratory species of birds and reptiles.