Jump to navigation Jump to search
Changhua County (彰化縣), alternatively spelled Zhanghuah, is in the West-central region of Taiwan.
- 1 Changhua City (彰化市).
- 2 Yuanlin (員林市).
- 3 Lukang (鹿港鎮). population around 80,000, is the second oldest town in Taiwan, and is famous for its traditional architecture and food.
- Homei (和美鎮).
- 4 Erlin (二林鎮).
- 5 Beidou (北斗鎮).
- Chihu (溪湖鎮).
- Fusing (福興鄉).
- Yongjing (永靖鄉).
- Lukang - If you get in by bus from Changhua station, there is a tourist information center across the street, in the park. You can rent a bicycle from the center. Historic old market street is also within walking distance from the bus station.
- 1 Longshan temple (龍山寺), 81, Kinmen St, Lukang Township (鹿港鎮金門街81號), ☎ . AM 05:00~PM 21:30. Built in the Qing Emperor Qianlong period, Lugang Longshan Temple has a long history, large scale, exquisite carvings, no delicate decoration, only simple characters, flowers and birds clay sculpture, with ancient colors, more elegant taste.
- 2 Lugang Mazu Temple (鹿港天后宮), 430, Zhongshan Road, Lukang Township (鹿港鎮中山路430號), ☎ . AM 06：00~PM 22：00. A famous Mazu Temple, after many expansions and renovations, completed today's exquisite and magnificent Lugang Mazu Temple. In the palace there are plaques of Emperor Qianlong and Emperor Guangxu.
- 3 Changhua Great Buddha Statue of Bagua Mountain (八卦山大佛), No.8-1, Bagua Rd., Zhanghua City (彰化市八卦路8-1號), ☎ . AM 08:30~PM 17:30. The main attractions in the scenic area include the Baguashan Great Buddha, the Anti-Japanese Martyrs Monument Park and the Healthy Trail etc. It is one of the “Eight Views of Changhua”. The statue of the Buddha was completed in 1961. The original site was the Palace of the Kitashirakawa Yoshihisa Prince, and it was 23 meters high. It is known as the largest Buddha in East Asia. Surrounded by flowers and plants, it is suitable for passengers to rest, followed by the Great Buddha Hall, and there is a Dragon Pond in front, and can overlooking the street scene of Changhua City.
The Yujhenjhai (玉珍齋) cakes are famous local specialties, as well as Lukang's Ox Tongue Cakes (牛舌餅) and oyster pancakes.