From Interlaken Ost station, there is a (half) hourly train to Lauterbrunnen (make sure that you board the correct section of the train in Interlaken, as the train divides at Zweilutschinen). Once in Lauterbrunnen, follow the directions on the signs. You will make the ascent to Grutschalp in a cable car. From Grustchalp, a train takes you above the Lauterbrunnen valley to Mürren. On a clear day, the view from the train is spectacular. Be sure to sit on the left side of the train for the magnificent view of the mountains across the valley. The last train of the day leaves the village at around 20:30 and the last train into the village arrives a little before 21:00.
It is also possible to reach the village from Stechelberg using the Schilthornbahn cable car. There is a connecting bus service between Lauterbrunnen and Stechelberg. The last cable car in both directions is around 23:00 with later services on some days. Please check the timetable.
Everything within the village is accessible on foot. Mürren is free from private vehicles. If help is needed to move luggage from the stations, there are two transport companies who will carry them, also most of the hotels will collect.
- Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau. There are spectacular views from Murren across to the Eiger, Mönch and Jungfrau mountains. It is nice to wander through Murren at any time of day or night and take in the view.
- Schilthorn. It is possible to take a cable car from Murren up to the Piz Gloria revolving restaurant on top of Schilthorn. The revolving restaurant was featured in the 1969 James Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service, starring George Lazenby as James Bond. Fantastic views on a clear day.
- In the winter season it is a very popular ski resort, with plenty of rental shops. It also has a few sled runs which are great fun.
- Allmendhubel funicular - ride it up and hike down back to town
- Rent mountain bikes from Stäger-Sport on the lower road - be warned the southern route to the valley has some rather aggressive single track of lose shale between Gimmelwald and the valley floor. Be prepared to walk your bike a good distance (30 min or so) There is a good restaurant in Stechelberg, for a rest (and maybe a small beer) before the flat ride down the valley. You will also pass Trummelbach Falls on the east side of the valley. There is charge for carrying the bikes back up to Mürren on the railway/cable car .
- Klettersteig or Via Ferrata. Challenge your vertigo by working your way along a cliff with a thousand metre drop below your feet.
- 1 Mürren - Schilthorn ski area (54 km, 16 lifts), ☏ . Day pass Fr. 63/32, it is also possible to get combined tickets for the whole Jungfrau area.
- Groceries from the local COOP.
- Skis & other sports equipment from the town's many sports shops.
- Stägerstübli (Right in the center of town). Traditional Swiss food in a traditional setting. Fantastic food and a great atmosphere.
- Eiger Guesthouse (By the train station), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Has a bar, restaurant, and games room. dm from Fr. 50, d with shared bathroom Fr. 110.
- [dead link] Hotel Eiger, fax: , ✉ email@example.com. 100m from the train station. Indoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna and solarium. Single room from Fr. 208, double room from Fr. 300 (Rates of April 2009).