Jump to navigation Jump to search
For the purposes of this guide, districts of Latina, Moratalaz, Usera, Puente de Vallecas, Moratalaz, Villaverde, Villa de Vallecas and Vicálvaro are considered as the Southern Suburbs of Madrid.
Several metro lines, including, provide means of transport into the area.
- 1 Faunia, Avda de las Comunidades, 28 (nearest metro: Valdebernando). Hours vary by season. Zoological park. Different sections of the park include animals from different locations (Africa, Antarctica etc..) €26.45 (adults), €19.95 (seniors/children), €18.45 (disabled), free (children under 3); ticket prices are significantly cheaper if purchase online.
Music and Movies
- 1 Gruta '77, C/ Cuclillo, 6 (Metro: Oporto), ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. Concerts everyday – pop, rock, and punk.
- 2 Kinépolis, C/ Edgar Neville s/n (Centro Comercial Ciudad de la Imagen, Pozuelo de Alarcon; metro ligero: Ciudad del Cine (ML3)). Outside the city, in the suburb of Pozuelo de Alarcon. When inaugurated, it was the largest megaplex in the world by number of seats. Has 25 screens. Typically on weekends only the new releases are offered in their original version, however Tuesday is "V.O. Day" when all movies are offered in their original version.
- 3 Madrid Open (Mutua Madrileña Madrid Open), Camino de Perales (Metro: San Fermin - Orcasur; bus 23/78/123). Held in mid-May at La Caja Mágica.
- 4 Rayo Vallecano. Rayo were relegated in 2019 so they now play in Segunda División, the second tier of Spanish football. Their home ground is Campo de Fútbol de Vallecas, capacity 15,000. It's in the Portazgo district, 2 km southeast of Atocha station, take Metro to Portazgo.
- 1 Bacchus, Avda Moratalaz, 141 (Posterior) (Metro: Vinateros or Artilleros), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Daily 09:00-02:00. Right in the middle of Lonja, an area filled with places to dine and drink. It is still close enough to city centre but offers a more relaxed ambience, making it one especially suitable for families, though all types of customers can be encountered. Bacchus offers a mixture of innovative and traditional-style tapas. Very good though expensive wine list. It can get very busy on weekends. Nice outside seating area makes up for the fact that inside it is rather small and, in traditional tapas-bar style, somewhat littered.
|Routes through Southern Suburbs|
|← Arganzuela ←||N S||→ Getafe → Córdoba|