Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mahebourg is a city in Mauritius.
- 1 Ile aux Aigrettes. As a result of the remarkable work accomplished by the Mauritius Wildlife Fund, the island has become an international standard for the protection of natural resources and endangered species. A few of the world’s rarest birds, including the kestrel, can be seen there. You can also see the extremely rare Pink Pigeon, the Green Gecko Phelsuma and the Aldabra giant tortoise. Be sure to make a reservation in advance.
- 2 Dutch Ruins. At Vieux Grand Port, the oldest settlement in Mauritius, you can see the ruins of the first Dutch fortifications. Excavation work is underway in a bid to uncover an important part of Mauritian history.
- National History Museum (Mahebourg Museum), Royal Rd., ☏ .
- Market of Mahebourg. It is held on every Mondays. Nowhere can you better feel the heart and soul of Mauritius than in the market of Mahebourg. It offers besides the shopping of unique products to blend into the population's customs and habits. To live whole new sensations, of colours, scent, which combine to form the uniqueness of this diversity. Stall of colourful tropical fruits and vegetables are found side by side with medicinal plants and spices. You can also find clothes and a special arts and crafts section. You can also buy fresh fish and prepare it in Mauritian style.
- Tyvabro Guesthouse, 10 Rue La Marianne, Mahebourg, ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Guesthouse operated by a family and has around 6 rooms of assorted configurations (double, twin etc all with air conditioning. The price also includes a full breakfast. 2 minute's walk from the Mahebourg bus terminal. 27 Euro per room per night.