Majalengka is a town and regency in the East Parahyangan region of Western Java, Indonesia.
Majalengka is a town about 40 km west of Cirebon. It is the capital of Majalengka regency, that stretches from the flatlands of the North Coast region in the north to the mountains of East Parahyangan in the south. The Mount Ciremai National Park is east of the town of Majalengka.
Majalengka is just south of the major west-east toll road from Jakarta to Central Java (exits KM 159 and KM 175 are nearest to Majalengka). In addition, the major Bandung-Cirebon trunk road (the original Great Post Road) passes near Majalengka. The drive from Bandung to Majalengka is about 90 km, and takes 2h 30m if traffic conditions are good. Because of frequent major traffic congestion around Bandung, the drive also regularly takes longer. The drive from Cirebon usually takes about 1 hour to 1h 30m.
There is no railway to Majalengka, so the only way to get to the town by public transport is by bus. Because Majalengka is a bit off the main roads, it is best to take a bus that passes either Kadipaten (along the Bandung-Cirebon road) or Palimanan (along the toll road). From those locations there are elf (minibuses) and angkot (public minivans) to Malalengka town and to destinations throughout the region.
- 1 Kertajati International Airport (KJT IATA) (30 kilometers from Majalengka). Flights from Medan, Surabaya, Bandar Lampung, Balikpapan, Jakarta–Halim Perdanakusuma, and Yogyakarta
- 1 Curug Muara Jaya (Muara Jaya waterfall), Argapura district (20 km southeast of Majalengka town). A waterfall of 73 metres high, near the western side of the Mount Ciremai National Park, surrounded by centuries old trees.
- 1 Jembar Waterpark, Jl. Dukuh Jeruk, Ranji Wetan, ☏ . Water park with several swimming pools and water slides. Rp20,000.
- 1 Kantin JS, Jl. Jatisampai No. 39, ☏ . Daily 9:00-21:00. Sundanese restaurant.
- 1 Hotel Puri Elsas, Jl. Pemuda No. 44, ☏ . Hotel rooms with air conditioning and hot water. Double rooms from Rp230,000.