Mamaia is one of the most popular (and at times most crowded) summer resorts in Romania. It's situated on an 8-km long and 300-m wide sandy landstrip between Lake Siutghiol and the Black Sea, a few kilometres north-east of the important portal town Constanţa. Mamaia is a pure summer time destination, with only a handful of permanent residents staying here for winter. As early as May however, crowds of mostly Romanian beach lovers rush in, always searching for a good spot on the packed white sandy beaches during day and partying like there's no tomorrow in one of the countless clubs at night. High season runs roughly from the beginning of June to early September, but it's only late in autumn that the water will turn cold.
You'll probably be getting in via Constanţa, with several options for public transit if you don't have your own transportation. Buses 23E and 41 depart from Constanţa's main rail station, and 23 also stops near the northern bus station. Buses 41 and 47 run to and from the north end of the Mamaia strip. In high season, a small army of maxitaxis also run to and from Mamaia, but keep in mind that all public transport can get crowded during rush hours then. If possible, buy a ticket in advance at the train station or nearby shops.
If you're driving in by car yourself, count on a small access fee (less than €1).
The Telegondola (Cable Car) makes for both a fun and a useful way to get from the southern parts of Mamaia to the centre, while offering some excellent views. Buses run up and down the boulevard (tickets around €0.50) and cabs are fairly well available.
People don't really come here for sightseeing, but rather to have good times at the beach. Hop on the telegonda for some vistas over the area but otherwise; just kick back and start people-watching.
- Beaches Mamaia is also the only resort in Europe to have the pure white sand only found in tropical places such as Hawaii. The beach season is at its best between mid-May and late September, when average daytime temperatures are 25-30°C (78-86°F). The water is warm until late autumn.
- Aqua Magic Water Park is a nice water park located at Statiunea Mamaia. A ticket costs 70 lei in July and August, or 40 in the other months.
- Hop on a ferry to Ovidia island in the Siutghiol Lake, said to hold the tomb of Ovid.
- Tony's Bar (Terasa by Tony) (Near the national hotel). An eatery on the beach.
You'll find plenty of hip and happening clubs to serve your need of drinks and dance in the evening.
Head south from the northern telegonda station to pick from several good options, including Megalos.
Hotels range from mid-end (2 and 3 stars) to exclusive 4- and 5-star hotels and private clubs.
- Accommodation at Vila Thetis, Tel. +40 726-226-138", mail email@example.com , Web .
- Hotel Delfin, Tel. +40 241-831-640, Fax +40 241-831-640.
- Hotel Midia, Tel. +40 241-831-940.
- Hotel Mioriţa, Tel. +40 241-831-956.
- Hotel Olt, Tel. +40 241-831-745.
- Hotel Alcor, Tel. +40 241-831-202, Fax +40 241-813-352.
- Hotel Apollo, Tel. +40 241-831-816.
- Hotel Astoria, Tel. +40 241-831-007, Fax +40 241-831-456.
- [dead link] Hotel Aurora, ☏ , fax: .
- Hotel Caraiman I, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pensiunea Casa Argeşeană, Sat de Vacanţă, Tel. +40 241-609-140.
- Pensiunea Casa feciorii Vrancei, Sat de Vacanţă, Tel. +40 744-533-459.
- Pensiunea Casa Harghita, Sat de Vacanţă, Tel. +40 241-513-738.
- Pensiunea Casa Suceveană, Sat de Vacanţă, Tel. +40 722-271-268.
- Hotel Dacia-Nord, Tel. +40 241-831-669.
- Hotel Dacia-Sud, Tel. +40 241-831-812, Fax +40 241-831-811.
- Hotel Delta, Tel. +40 241-831-965, Fax +40 241-831-965.
- Hotel Doina, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- Hotel Dunărea, Tel. +40 241-617-984, Fax +40 241-831-077.
- Pensiunea Eelmo, B-dul Mamaia, Nr. 136, Tel. +40 241-617-984.
- Hotel Flora, Tel. +40 241-831-887, Fax +40 241-831-887.
- Hotel Hefaistos, Tel. +40 241-831-564.
- Hotel Histria, Tel. +40 788-402-396.
- Hotel Holiday, Sat de Vacanţă, Tel. +40 241-559-906.
- [dead link] Hotel Lotus, ☏ .
- Hotel Mercur, Tel. +40 241-831-252, Fax +40 241-831-348.
- Hotel Metropol, Tel. +40 241-831-883, Fax +40 241-831-883.
- Hotel Minerva, Tel. +40 241-831-350, Fax +40 241-831-348.
- Hotel Modern, Tel. +40 241-831-975, Fax +40 241-831-903.
- Hotel Naţional, Tel. +40 241-831-895.
- Hotel Orfeu, Tel. +40 241-831-113, Fax +40 241-831-113.
- Hotel Ovidiu, Tel. +40 241-831-590, Fax +40 241-831-590.
- Hotel Patria], Tel. +40 241-831-055.
- Hotel Pescăruş, Tel. +40 241-831-673, Fax +40 241-831-673.
- Hotel Piccadilly, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Promesse, Tel. +40 241-831-652, Fax +40 241-831-207.
- Hotel Rodna, Tel. +40 241-831-958.
- Hotel Select, Tel. +40 241-831-930, Fax +40 241-831-930.
- Hotel Selena, Tel. +40 241-831-958.
- Hotel Siret, Tel. +40 241-831-435, Fax +40 241-831-435.
- [dead link] Hotel Sulina International, ✉ email@example.com.
- Hotel Tomis, Tel. +40 241-831-682, Fax +40 241-831-646.
- Hotel Unirea, Tel. +40 241-831-053.
- Hotel Venus, ☏ , fax: .
- Vila Părăsită, Tel. +40 241-831-252, Fax +40 241-831-348.
- Hotel Albatros, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Ambasador, Tel. +40 241-831-185, Fax +40 241-831-217.
- Hotel Amiral, Tel. +40 241-831-135, Fax +40 241-831-135.
- Hotel Briza, ☏ , fax: .
- Hotel Caraiman II, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- Hotel Central, Tel. +40 241-831-679, Fax +40 241-831-065.
- Hotel Comandor, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Condor, Str. Faleză, Tel. +40 241-831-906; Fax +40 241-831-906
- Hotel Dorna, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- Hotel Insula Ovidiu, Tel. +40 241-252-494, Fax +40 241-522-102.
- Hotel Lido, Tel. +40 241-831-555, Fax +40 241-831-555.
- Hotel Parc, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. Located at the entrance in Mamaia resort, on the Mamaia beach, having a view both to the Black Sea and Siutghiol Lake. Swimming pool on the beach, Sky View Bar, beauty center, gym, parking. From 805 lei.
- Hotel Pelican, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com. Str. Faleză.
- Hotel Perla, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. .
- Hotel Riviera, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- Hotel Vega, Tel. +40 241-831-141, Fax +40 241-831-307.
- Hotel Victoria, ☏ , fax: .
- Hotel Victory, Tel. +40 241-931-153, Fax +40 241-831-253.
- Hotel Aquarium, Tel. +40 241-831-059, Fax +40 241-831-889.
- Hotel Bavaria Blu, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Best Western Savoy, ☏ , fax: .
- Hotel Coral Beach, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com.
- Hotel Iaki, ☏ , fax: .
- Hotel Majestic, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hotel Palas, ☏ , fax: , ✉ email@example.com.
- Hotel Yourhotels Caraiman, Tel. +40 241-831-213, Fax +40 241-831-088.
- Hotel Palm Beach, Tel. +40 241-607-900; +40 241-508-434; Fax +40 241-607-909, Mobil +40 745-544-400, ,  [dead link]. An American tourist staying multiple days describes the hotel as having an excellent location with fairly nice rooms in need of some repair and despite claiming 5-star status does not offer the quality of service expected of such a rating.
- Hotel Splendid, Tel. +40 341-412-541; +40 241-879-047; Fax +40 341-412-540, Mobil +40 729-084-128, , . A modern affordable 4 star hotel.
- Constanţa - this ancient metropolis is today one of the largest harbours of Europe.
- Mangalia - the shallow waters of this smaller sea side resort are popular among families with young children, and also offers mineral springs.
- Danube Delta - is a fascinating natural area. Catch a minibus from Constanţa to Tulcea (2h), where you'll find an information centre with English speaking staff.