Mangochi is a town in southern Malawi at the southern end of Lake Malawi.
Mangochi is located on the M3 road. All buses travelling from Monkey Bay to Blantyre stop at Mangochi. Minibuses run to Liwonde, Zomba and Blantyre. Matolas connect the town to Liwonde National Park and go up to the border town of Chiponde.
- 1 Lake Malawi Museum (near the Queen Victoria memorial near the Bakili Muluzi Bridge). It houses ethnic, environmental, and historical exhibits. They include the Hotchkiss gun with which the British gunboat Gwendolen defeated the German gunboat Hermann von Wissmann with a single shot in their brief naval engagement in August 1914. The museum has also a scale model of the Gwendolen.[An even older exhibit is a marine steam engine that was built in 1898 and powered the Universities' Mission to Central Africa's SS Chauncy Maples until 1953.
- Mangochi is home to a clock tower erected in honour of Queen Victoria, dating back to the early 20th century.
- Nkhudzi Lodge, Nkhudzi Bay (roughly 50 km from Mangochi heading towards Monkey Bay), ☏ . Quiet, beautiful accommodation and camping area. Pristine beach.
- Palm Beach Leisure Resort (13 km north of the centre), ☏ , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunbird Nkopola Lodge, ☏ . Bar, restaurant.