Jump to navigation Jump to search
Santa Cruz is a district in Manila.
- Manila Chinese Cemetery - The second oldest cemetery in Manila after La Loma Cemetery and was designated as the resting place for the Chinese citizens who were denied burial in Catholic cemeteries during the Spanish colonial period.
- San Roque de Manila Parish - One of the St. Roch churches around the world.
- Santa Cruz Church - One of the well known landmarks of Sta. Cruz. Named after the Holy Cross, the church was built and administered by the Jesuits up to 1768.
- Espiritu Santo Church
- Solid Rock Baptist Church
- SM San Lazaro - just the only mall in Sta. Cruz. From Line 1 Blumentritt Station, SM San Lazaro can be accessible by either walking or taking a tricycle. Fare: around ₱20. Find your hearts’ desire in more than 300 shops, boutiques and outlets selling thousands of leading brands in fashion, electronics, personal care, home furnishings and services. Well there’s still more, SM Anchor stores like SM Department Store, SM Supermarket, SM Foodcourt, SM Appliance Center, SM Cinema, Our Home, Ace Hardware, Surplus Shop, Watson’s Beauty and BDO will be there to make sure that you will have your time, money and efforts’ worth. After having a blast with shopping, it is now time to have an intimate bonding time with your family and friends by having a sumptuous meal at any of the popular restaurants and cafes found at SM City San Lazaro. Following that feast you’ve just had, having an unforgettable movie experience with sure seats at any of six (6) world-class cinemas that can collectively hold more than 3, 320 moviegoers will be best to culminate the evening. Or for the kids and kids at heart, fun rides, games and personal amusement at SM Storyland would be the best alternative. Worried about parking? That should be out of your mind because SM City San Lazaro provides seven (7) level carparks that can accommodate as many as 1,200 vehicles. For more information,[http://www.smsupermalls.com/smsupermalls/index.php?p=651&mall=23
- Blumentritt Street Market - located just below Line 1, this street is full of small stalls selling all kinds of cheap products. Some products include: shoes, baking materials, beauty products and clothing. Although this street is where the Blumentritt Police Station is located, one must still be careful as Blumentritt is known to be a place where pick-pockets/snatchers are prevalent.
- SM San Lazaro Mall - Has a lot restaurants/ fast-food chains to choose from. Some include: Yellow Cab Pizza, Sbarro Pizza, Jollibee, McDonald's, KFC, Karate Kid, Congo Grille and a lot more!
- Laguna St. - There are small 'carienderia' (local canteens) located in this are that sells locally cooked foods. Although these are clean, please take extra pre-caution as these foods are home-cooked foods and not closely monitored by any government agency.
- Blumentritt Street Market - Also sells street food. Please choose the food which you think is clean. Unlike other countries in Asia, street food in the Philippines is not closely monitored by any government agency.
- Goldilocks, Rizal Avenue - Sells different kinds of cakes and Filipino delicacies.
- Jollibee, Blumentritt - Philippines' number one fast food chain, famous for its fried chicken.
- Chowking, Blumentritt - Philippine fast food that sells Chinese foods like dimsum and noodles.
- Mang Boks Manok (Chicken), Blumentritt - As the name implies, this stall is famous for its Lechong Manok (Filipino Style roasted chicken). Whole chicken costs around ₱200.
- 7th Eleven Convenience Store, Blumentritt - If you are up to a quick snack, 7th Eleven sells hotdog buns and some other instant rice meals/ noodles.
- Fersal Hotel, 1455 A. Mendoza Street, corner Alvarez Street, , Sta. Cruz, Manila, ☏ , fax: , ✉ firstname.lastname@example.org. A 4 storey 3-star hotel with 48 rooms. Air conditioning, non smoking rooms, satellite/cable TV. Rates start at ₱1300.
- The Red Carabao Hostel, 2819 Felix Huertas Street (From any point in Manila, simply head to the Line 1 Abad Santos Station), ☏ . Opened in July 2009 as a social venture, one of Manila's newest hostels is located next to the historic Chinese Cemetery. the Red Carabao offers a free-use kitchen, free internet access, 24-hour check-in, and squeaky clean, modern facilities. In addition to the proceeds donated to local charities, the hostel organizes dinners with locals Rates start at ₱370 for air-conditioned mixed dorms and ₱800 for private.
- Sring Hotel, 880 Rizal avenue (next to Line 1 Doroteo Jose station). big a/c double rooms with own bathrooms and cable TV. 8pm till 6am=₱395 2nd night and on ₱795. first night ₱880.
- Novela lodge, C M recto (2nd floor.). a/c double rooms with own bathrooms. ₱550.
- Alabang - 40 minutes away from Blumentritt via PNR. Fare costs around ₱20.
- Quezon City - 20 minutes away from Blumentritt via Line 1. Hop down at Roosevelt Station. Fare costs around ₱15. 30 minutes away from Blumentritt via jeepney. From Rizal Avenue, take a jeepney bound for "Munoz Frisco" and ask driver to drop you off at Frisco. Fare costs around ₱11.
- Tondo - 10-30 minutes away from Blumentritt. From Rizal Avenue, take a jeepney bound for "Divisoria", hop-off at Tutuban Mall.
|Routes through Quiapo (by car)|
|Tondo ←||N S||→ San Miguel → Sampaloc|
|Ermita ← Quiapo ←||S N||→ Tondo → Caloocan|
|Tondo ←||S N||→ Binondo|
|Routes through Quiapo (by rapid transit)|
|Pasay ← Quiapo ←||S N||→ Tondo → Caloocan|
|Divisoria ←||N S||→ Sampaloc → Makati|