The park is dominated by the Waterberg mountains with lush bushveld in the lower regions of the park.
Flora and fauna
Marakele is situated about 12 km outside the town of Thabazimbi, on the R516. From Gauteng, follow the N1 north to Bela-Bela (Warmbaths) and then the R516 towards Thabazimbi.
Valid to 31 October 2017
- South African citizens and residents (with ID): R44 per adult, R22 per child, per day
- SADC nationals (with passport): R88 per adult, R44 per child, per day
- Foreign visitors: R176 per adult, R88 per child, per day
- Sunrise Drive R240 per adult R120 per child
- Sunset Drive R240 per adult R120 per child
- Guided Walk R325 per adult
- Tlopi Rest Camp. Cottages R2070-2680 for 1-4 people + R410-430 per additional adult (R205-215 per child) up to 8. Safari tents R1360-1550 for 1-2 people + R240-260 for additional adults (R120-130 for child) up to 4.
- Bontle camp site. Check-in: 2PM, check-out: 10AM. 38 stands with power and communal ablution facilities. The camp site overlooks a watering hole and is not fenced. Rhino, ostriches and other animals can and will enter the camp, so be aware and take care when outside, especially at night. R265-330 for 1-2 people + R82-88 for additional adults (R41-44 for child). Safari tents R1175-1415 for 1-2 people + R240-260 for additional adults (R120-130 for child) up to 3.