Marazion (Cornish: Marhasyow) is small coastal village near Penzance in Cornwall.
Marazion is a 15-minute drive from Penzance.
- Travel to the nearby Penzance for rail services.
The railway station at the lower end of Penzance is next to the bus station. As well as regular services to London, the train is a great way to travel to St Ives and stations along the way. Most journeys to St Ives will require changing trains at St Erth, but some early morning and late evening services are direct to and from Penzance. The St Ives branch line affords picturesque views across St Ives, Carbis Bay and the Hayle estuary. Travelling to St Ives from Penzance or St Erth, make sure you sit on the right hand side of the train for the best views.
Use the National Rail website to plan your journey.
A Ride Cornwall Ranger is a good-value ticket, allowing unlimited off-peak (after 8:30AM) travel in Cornwall by bus and train, and in 2017 costs £13.
Walking is the best way to get around. It is a small village with lots to see. It is difficult to get lost as there is only really one main street.
- Trips to St Micheal's Mount at high tide (you can walk there at low tide on the causeway).
Peer over at St. Michael's Mount.
Visit the beach and look for shells. Finding a orange- and yellow-striped periwinkle is supposed to give good luck and long life, but it is questionable if they exist.
Marazion has many art shops (expensive), gift shops (cheap), and tourist orientated shops.
A number of cafés and good restaurants. Penzance has more and is quite close.
There are cafes and pubs.
Various B&Bs in the nearby town of Penzance. The Penzance Tourist Information Centre (TIC) +44 1736 335530 can check availability for you.
- 1 Mount Haven Hotel, Turnpike Rd TR17 0DQ, ☏ . Smart hotel and restaurant looking onto the Mount. Open Apr-Dec. B&B double from £100.
- 2 The Godolphin, West End, Marazion TR17 0EN, ☏ . Dog-friendly restaurant with bright modern rooms and great views towards St Michael's Mount. B&B double £110.
- Isles of Scilly
- Sennen beach - about 9 mi (14 km) from Penzance - lovely beach, busy in summer.