Mardan is in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Mardan is the largest city in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa after the provincial headquarters, Peshawar. Mardan is well known in the area for its hospitable people. Mardan is also famous for its archaeological importance, particularly the Buddhist stupas of Takht-e-Bhai. Asia's biggest sugar mill is also situated in Mardan.
There's only a limited number of trains to Mardan. However, the nearby town of Nowshera is located along the main railway line connecting Peshawar with the rest of the country.
- 1 Mardan Junction railway station.
Travelling by bus is very common and there are numerous daily departures from most Pakistani cities to Mardan. Few companies offers online ticketing so it is always advised to buy tickets at the station.
- 2 Naway Adda bus station. The main bus station in Mardan. Most, but not all, long-distance routes arrives here.
- 1 Takht-i-Bahi. Exceptionally well-preserved ancient Buddhist monastery dating back to the Indo-Parthian Kingdom. The monastery was founded in the 1st century CE, and was in use until the 7th century. The site is considered among the most important relics of Buddhism in the whole region. Takht-i-Bahi was has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1980.
- 2 Mardan Museum.
- 3 Bacha Khan Monument. Dedicated to Abdul Ghaffar Khan, Pashtun freedom fighter and independence activist against British colonial rule in India known for his nonviolent opposition and lifelong pacifism.
- 4 Guides Memorial. Built in 1892 to honour fallen soldiers who fought during the 1879 Siege of the British Residency in Kabul.
There are a number of shopping plazas with standard shops like The Mall of Mardan", the Mega Mart, Ocean Mall, Home Center, Khobsurat Mall and Yousaf Sons. There are a number of under construction plazas emerging around the Nowshera Road and Bacha Khan Monument.
- The Mall of Mardan deals in Fabrics and ready-to-wear garments of any size.The prices of the commodities are fixed and reasonable.It also deals in shoes and other foot wears.
- The Mega Mart is another plaza on Nowshera Road which provide great services to its customers at reasonable prices.It deals in fabrics, garments, foot wears, and stationaries at reasonable prices.
- The Ocean Mall is another Mart that deals in fabrics of all sorts and ready made garments.
- The Home Center is another awesome plaza with all the monthly home needed things and groceries under one roof.The
Prices are a bit higher but the services are of great standards.
A number of newly opened restaurants provide local and international dishes at good prices.There are a number of new restaurants and cafes like "The Bakery Cafe", Italian Pizza, Sheliton Hotel, Pizza Hut, Royal Hotel and Marhaba Bakery.The special Badayoni Paira of Mardan are famous all over the region.All of these cafes are located on Nowshera Road.
- Sheliton Hotel is hotel that provides hygienic and delicious food to the customers at somewhat high prices. The orders are ready in a quick time.
- All of the above cafes and hotels provide free WiFi hotspots for the customers, except Marhaba Bakrey.
- All the cafes deals in Cold Drinks in Summers and Coffee and Tea in winters.
- The "Papa Juice and Burgers" are famous cold drink and fresh juices dealers in Mardan.The Shop is Located near Malakand chowk Mardan Cannt.
- Alcohol is not available as a beverage in Mardan.