Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Mariager Salt Centre (The Salt Museum), Fyrkatvej 37B, ☏ . 10-16 (Jun-Aug 10-17). Learn about the production of salt in the local area and around the world, experiment with salt in the labaratory, ride the "Salt Fun Ride" simulator through a salt mine, visit a reconstruction of a real salt mine, relax in the salt garden or take a swim in "The Dead Sea" pool, which simulates the waters of the real Dead Sea. 0-180 DKK.
- 2 Mariager Church (former Bridgetine Abbey Church), Klosterstien 12. A large and beautiful parish church, with one of the most unique pipe organs in Denmark. This parish church was on a part of a massive abbey compound, and was once five times as large as it is today. 0 DKK.
- 3 Hohøj. Hohøj is a bronze age burial age burial mound. According to local folklore, it is said to cointain a viking with a large golden sword. It's one of the highest points in the area, and from the top you can enjoy a wonderful view of the area and the fjord.
- 4 The Rose Garden (Rosenhaven), Klostergade 15 , 9550 Mariager. Enjoy the sweet smell of roses, when walking through s rose garden with more than 450 different roses and more than 900 roses in total.
- 1 Svanen Boat Trips (The "paddle steamer" Svanen), ☏ , email@example.com. A tourboat, from where you can experience Mariager Fjord, known as one of the most beautiful in Denmark. It's also a passenger ferry between Hobro, Bramslev Bakker and Mariager.
- 2 Triangle Route (Trekantsruten), ☏ , firstname.lastname@example.org. Combine the tour boat Svanen with the Mariager-Handest Vintage Railway and a short busride. From Mariager, start the route at the harbour front, take the tour boat to Hobro or the train to Handest. Tickets for the entire route can be purchased online at the website.
- 1 Mariager Camping, Ny Havnevej 5 A, 9550 Mariager, ☏ , email@example.com. A wonderful family-friendly campsite situated close to the town centre, directly at the fjord - on a slight slope, with gives almost all plots a panoramic view of the most beautiful fjord in Denmark.