Marina di Ragusa is a city in the province of Ragusa.
Until the 1950s it was just a small fishing village but today it is one of the major 'Beach resorts' of the island.
There is a regular Bus service running all year from Ragusa Bus Terminal to Marina.
- Marina di Ragusa from 2009 has its own Touristic Port. One of the 3 Sicilian main Hubs for who wants to sail around the island. There are over 800 mooring spaces, mechanic, bar-restaurant and Coast Guard station. Hydrofoil service to/from Malta is in program for the near future.
http://portoturisticomarinarg.it/ [dead link]
- The nearest port is in Pozzallo at 30km from where is operating a Hydrofoil service to/from Malta by Virtu Ferries.
There is a bus service in Marina that runs along the coast. Two lines A and B.
- Torre Cabrera, Piazza Duca degli Abrozzi - Piazza Torre. Medieval Spanish Tower
- Archeological Park of Kaucana, Caucana, Ragusa. Archeological area with Greek, Roman and Bizantine ruins.
- La Moresca maison de charme, Via Dandolo, 63, ☎ . Check-in: 14:30, check-out: 11:30. Forever in love with this wonderful land La Moresca opens its doors to everyone who wants to experience the true spirit of Sicily. La Maison is the starting point for a journey of discovery revealing Sicily's places and landscapes, facets and passions, it recounts the traditions and folklore, sings the praises of the poetry and art, and gives voice and form to old and new generations. A journey that invites you into the living Sicily, to discover, understand, and treasure the island in your heart. A journey that plays on all five senses in an almost surreal atmosphere composed of beauty and culture, bathed in clean bright light and tranquillity, permeated by the typical Sicilian contrasts that here, at La Moresca, exist, coexist, and become one. Here in this place, in the face of the unparalleled alchemy of its images, ancient artefacts, sounds, perfumes, light and colours, you cannot help but smile, enchanted, and enraptured. It is impossible not to fall in love with this place. CONCEPT
The Leitmotiv of La Moresca is authenticity, the respect, preservation and promotion of our history and culture. The building is a splendid and original patchwork of what used to be and continues to exist, in contrast but harmoniously integrated with the forward motion of time, progress, and arrival of the modern. Divergent perspectives coexist, at times creating a seeming nonsense, but which if the truth be told, merge and mingle, leading back to just one concept, authenticity. THE HISTORIC BUILDING This new and special Maison De Charme is the result of skilful and careful adaptation and restoration work that has taken more than two years to complete. This renovation has kept faith with the building's original concept, materials and components. The house was built in 1926 by Giovanni Criscione, lawyer, who chose the style, colours, and fittings himself. The property is still owned by the family of this man who was one of the first to fall in love with Marina di Ragusa. THE HOTEL
Throughout the year La Moresca offers the possibility to escape from the world and everyday life, to a unique environment notable for its warmth and serenity, which at the same time catapults you into the bosom of Baroque art, the splendour of the Iblean landscape, and the exquisite cuisine of yesteryear. Situated in the centre of Marina di Ragusa, the hotel deliberately proposes a Room & Breakfast service, in order to encourage its guests to discover the many and varied culinary delights offered by the restaurants that abound in this cheerful resort, inviting them to "lose themselves" on a journey of discovery of the wines and foods of the area. THE ROOMS
La Moresca maison de charme, has 15 bedrooms, each one different from the last. The original furniture, their candid brightness, the light floating curtains, the photographs immortalising glimpses of Sicily, sometimes in colour, sometimes in black and white, and the paintings, add to their charm and make them welcoming, in perfect keeping with La Moresca's philosophy. around Euro 280,00.