Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 [dead link] Veterans Airport of Southern Illinois (MWA IATA formally known as the Williamson County Regional Airport). Cape Air from St. Louis
- A total solar eclipse on Monday 8 April 2024 starts at 2PM local time and lasts 4 min. The chances of a clear sky are 40%. The track of totality is northeast from Mexico, Texas, Arkansas and Missouri, then across the south tip of Illinois to Indiana and Ohio.
- Rent One Park (Southern Illinois Miners Baseball), 1000 Miners Drive. Rent One Park is home to the Southern Illinois Miners of the Frontier League. Constructed prior to the Miners inaugural 2007 season. With the exception of a dirt mound, Rent One Park features a playing surface covered entirely with artificial grass. The team has led the league in attendance in each of its three seasons of existence.
- Quality Inn 2600 W. Main St. (618) 993-6221. Located in the heart of Southern Illinois, the hotel is near many of the region's major employers including, Ameren CIPS, GTE North, Pennzoil Products, etc. Secure Online Reservations.
- Comfort Suites 2608 W. Main St. (618) 997-9133. This Gold Hospitality Award winning hotel features 64 beautifully decorated double and king suites each with distinct sleeping and work/leisure areas.
|Routes through Marion|
|Effingham ← Mount Vernon ←||N S||→ Junction to Metropolis → Cairo → Sikeston|