Being on the foot of the Yorke Peninsula, Marion Bay experiences high winds of a south-easterly nature during the summer months. The best times to visit are the months of March, April and May, when the winds die down and the seas are calm with a mild temperature. Summer months can become very hot and winters can be bitterly cold. Marion Bay has a moderate rainfall and generally does not receive as much rain as Adelaide or surrounding districts.
- Yorke Peninsula Visitor Information, toll-free: 1800 202 445, e-mail: email@example.com. The nearest official tourism information centre is in Minlaton
- Innes National Park, Stenhouse Bay, ☎ . Innes National Park is one of the best known attractions on Yorke Peninsula, with over 9200ha of mallee bushland. The discovery of the elusive Western Whipbird in 1962 was followed by the opening of the National Park in 1970. Birdwatchers will love to explore this Park, with over 140 species including Ospreys, Hooded Plovers and Malleefowl.
Marion Bay is a base for many deep sea fishing charter operators, who offer short or long tours off Yorke Peninsula. For those interested in deep sea fishing, and fishing at Wedge Island, Marion Bay based charters offer packages and accommodation.
- Reef Encounters Fishing Charters, 17 Osprey Drive, Marion Bay, SA 5575, ☎ . Reef Encounters Fishing Charters has been operating on the Yorke Peninsula since 1998 and is recognised as one of the leading fishing charter services in South Australia. The business is owned and operated by Mark, whose reputation is his guarantee of an awesome fishing adventure.
- SA Fishing Adventures, 7 Gannet Crescent, Marion Bay SA 5575, ☎ . SA Fishing Adventures is a deep sea fishing charter based at Marion Bay. Owners Herbie and Kirsty have created packages for small or large groups with all bait and fishing equipment supplied. They can also arrange meals, accommodation and for your catch to be filleted and packaged.
- Marion Bay Tavern, Main Road, Marion Bay, ☎ , e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Chef Adam Sommariva provides an innovative and fresh menu including the signature dish, the 'Marion Oscar', a premium scotch fillet, chat potatoes, asian greens, served with Moreton Bay Bugs and lime dill mayo
- Marion Bay Motel, Stenhouse Bay Road, Marion Bay, ☎ , e-mail: email@example.com. Yorke Peninsula’s trendiest new motel. Rooms have 1 queen bed, 1 single bed and a fold out bed, or 1 queen size bed and 1 single bed, or 1 queen size bed. A/C, large LCD television, Austar, tea and coffee making facilities, bar refrigerator and ensuite bathrooms. Full of character and personal touches. From $130.00-room only.
Cellular (mobile) telephone network reception may not be available in many areas especially those distant from cellular network repeater towers normally located along the major highways and near larger townships. Hilly terrain will also effect reception. In an emergency seek higher ground. Some networks provide a poor coverage in regional and rural areas. It is generally considered that the best reception is available from either Telstra or Optus when in areas such as Yorke Peninsula.
For emergency services including police, fire services and ambulance call 000 from any telephone and ask the operator to connect you.
Such calls are placed without charge to the calling party.