Marshalltown is a city in Central Iowa.
There is no commercial aviation to Ames; the nearest major airport is located in Des Moines. After landing at Des Moines, rent a car or take the Burlington Trailways bus to Marshalltown. The Trailways bus stop is at 1501 2nd Ave, a few blocks north of East Grand Ave in downtown. You can take the free D-Line bus to 2nd Ave and East Grand Ave, then walk north.
- Greyhound Bus Lines (1-800-231-2222) stops at 2101 South Center St.
- Burlington Trailways also has a stop at 2101 South Center St. Buses run from several cities Nebraska and Iowa including Omaha, Nebraska, Des Moines, Iowa, Ames, Iowa and Iowa City, Iowa.
Marshalltown Municipal Transit, MMT operates several routes Monday through Friday between 8 AM to 6 PM or so.
- Marshalltown Museum, 202 East Church Street, ☏ . Tuesday through Friday, 10AM - 4PM.
Taylor's Made Rite Restaurant has great loose meat sandwiches
- Best Western Regency Inn, 3303 South Center St, ☏ .
- Matthew Edel Blacksmith Shop, Haverhill (SW of Marshalltown on Co Hwy E63), ☏ . Memorial Day weekend-Labor Day weekend noon-4PM daily. The house and shop of Matthew Edel, a German immigrant who died in 1940, are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The shop was built in 1883. Free.
|Routes through Marshalltown|
|Missouri Valley ← Ames ←||W E||→ Jct → Cedar Rapids → Rock Falls|