Jump to navigation Jump to search
- E6 to Kungälv, take road 168 for 25 km to the island of Koön, take the 200 m foot and vehicle ferry to island of Marstrand. This costs 20 kr for a return ticket and operates about every 15 minutes during the day. Private cars are not allowed on the island. There are severe parking restrictions on Koön for 500 m around the ferry.
- E6 to Stenungsund, take road 160 and then 169 for 25 km to Rönnäng on the island of Tjörn, take the 5-km foot ferry. Rönnäng is a small place with limited parking.
- Using your own boat or yacht - Marstrand has a popular tourist harbour
- By foot - the town is about 500 m by 500 m in size and the island about 1500 m by 750 m.
In addition to the view of the island and coastine from Carstens Fort and the attractive wooden houses, shops and hotels on the harbour front
- 1 Carlstens Fort. Built between 1658 and 1860.
Take the 5-km foot ferry to Rönnäng, on the island of Tjörn.