Marvel Comics is a comic book publisher, which together with DC Comics is the caretaker of the American superhero genre, featuring franchises such as X-Men, Fantastic Four, and The Avengers (including characters such as Hulk, Spider-Man and Thor).
—The Incredible Hulk
Marvel characters have been adapted to motion pictures since 1948 with Captain America.
With the 2008 Iron Man, Marvel Studios began independent production of a continuity named the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which as of 2019, consists of more than 20 live-action films. They have been shot in many locations around the world, most of them available to visit.
Main filming locations
Iron Man (2008)
The movie was primarily shot in California. Here are some notable places:
- 1 Alabama Hills (California, United States). The intro scene of the move was shot because the dessert looks like Afghanistan
Iron Man 2 (2010)
- 2 Unisphere. The main element of the Stark expo is the large globe in the middle of the expo. This globe exist in the real world in Flushing Meadows–Corona Park.
- 3 Randy's Donuts. the scene with iron man sitting in the big donut was filmed here.
- 4 Monte Carlo. The race track used in the first attack of Vanko is the same track that is used for the real Grand Prix de Monaco. Although many scenes contain famous buildings, most of them were recreated on studio backlots.
- See Vikings and the Old Norse for mythological background to the Thor franchise.
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- 5 Titanic Hotel (Liverpool, United Kingdom). after captain america is injected with the super serum, a HYDRA agent steals the serum, and a chase ensues. A part of the chase is on the Brooklyn Pier 13. instead of filming it there, they chose to film it in Liverpool
Marvel's The Avengers (2012)
- 6 Public Square (Cleveland, United States). One of the first confrontations with Loki was on a square in Stuttgart, Germany. But it was actually filmed in Cleveland, USA.
- 7 Grand Central Terminal (New York City, United States).
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- 8 . Built by Christopher Wren in 1694 as the Greenwich Hospital for the relief and support of seamen and their dependants and the improvement of navigation.
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- 9 Liège-Guillemins railway station (Liège, Belgium). This train station was used as the base for Xandar plaza.
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- 10 Fort Bard (Aosta Valley, Italy). The Hydra fortress seen in the beginning of the film is located here.
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- 11 Leipzig/Halle Airport (Leipzig, Germany). This is the airport that was the stage for the big confrontation of the film.
Doctor Strange (2016)
Black Panther (2018)
Although Wakanda was depicted as a city in the heart of Africa, most of Black Panther was not filmed on the continent.
But some scenes were filmed on location.
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- 15 Waverley Station (Edinburgh, United Kingdom). The first fight of the B team starts in this train station.
Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
17 Tower Bridge, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. The climatic last battle of the film takes place here. the hallway on top of the bridge where most of the dramatic scene play out is also open for public. 18 Tower of London, ✉ visitorservices_TOL@hrp.org.uk. During the last fight of the film, a part of the battle takes place in the dungeons of the Tower of London.