Marvel Comics is a comic book publisher, which together with DC Comics is the caretaker of the American superhero genre, featuring franchises such as X-Men, and the Avengers (including characters such as Hulk, Spider-Man and Thor).
As of December 2018, 20 feature films have been released as part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe film series, and 3 more are planned for 2019. They have been shot in many locations around the world, most of them available to visit.
Main filming locations
Iron Man (2008)
The movie was mostly shot in California here are some notable places:
- 1 Alabama Hills (California, United States). The intro scene of the move was shot because the dessert looks like Afghanistan
The Incredible Hulk (2008)
Iron Man 2 (2010)
- 2 Unisphere. The main element of the Stark expo is the large globe in the middle of the expo. This globe exist in the real world in Flushing Meadows–Corona Park.
- 3 Randy's Donuts. the scene with iron man sitting in the big donut was filmed here.
- 4 Monte Carlo. The race track used in the first attack of Vanko is the same track that is used for the real Grand Prix de Monaco. Although many scenes contain famous buildings, most of them were recreated on studio backlots.
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- 5 Titanic Hotel (Liverpool, United Kingdom). after captain america is injected with the super serum a HYDRA agent steals the serum and a chase ensues. a part of the chase is on the Brooklyn Pier 13 instead of filming it the they chose to film it in liverpool
Marvel's The Avengers (2012)
- 6 Public Square (cleveland, United States). One of the first confrontations with loki was on a square in stuttgart germany. But it was actually filmed in cleveland, usa
- 7 Grand Central Terminal (new york, United States). One of the first confrontations with loki was on a square in stuttgart germany. But it was actually filmed in cleveland, usa
Iron Man 3 (2013)
Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- 8 . Built by Christopher Wren in 1694 as the Greenwich Hospital for the relief and support of seamen and their dependants and for the improvement of navigation.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- 9 Liège-Guillemins railway station (Liège, Belgium). This train station was used as the base for Xandar plaza.
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- 11 Leipzig/Halle Airport (Leipzig, Germany). This is the airport that was the stage for the big confrontation of the film.
Doctor Strange (2016)
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017)
Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
Black Panther (2018)
Although Wakanda was depicted as a city in the heart of Africa, most of Black Panther was not filmed on the continent.
but some scenes were filmed on location.
Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- 15 Waverley Station (Edinburgh, United Kingdom). The first fight of the B team starts in this train station.