Mazkeret Batya was established in 1883 by 11 pioneers who migrated from Russia and 7 local Jews. Mazkeret Batya was originally known as Ekron, which became known to be the first farming community to be set up by Baron Edmond de Rothschild. In 1887, the current name of the town was renamed in memory of Betty Solomon de Rothschild, the mother of Baron Edmond James de Rothschild.
Today the town has a population of 15,000 people and is a preserved agricultural settlement that remains as a popular tourist destination. Because of its proximity to Tel Aviv, Mazkeret Batya is a mixture of religious and secular Jews.
To Mazkaret Bayta there is a single bus line, Line 26 from Rehovot to Mazkeret Batya via Kiryat Ekron. This bus line is frequent and fairly busy.
There is a railway station at the eastern part of Mazkeret Batya.
The nearest airport to Mazkeret Batya is at Ben Gurion International Airport.
- 1 Antalya Well.
- 2 Eran Shamir Village Museum, 40, Sderot Rothschild, ☏ . Inaugurated in 1987, the Eran Shamir Village Museum is housed in one of the oldest houses in the colony. The museum is designed with students for all ages and guided tours for adults. It displays objects, photos and documents presenting the story of the establishment of the colony and daily life in the town. Agricultural tools, housewares, work tools, toys, a living room as it was at the beginning of the 20th century, the school, the first synagogue, and the security room are all on display on its installations.
- 3 The Great Synagogue, ☏ .
- 4 Ha-Rav Mohiliver Museum, ☏ . Museum devoted to the educational teachings of Rabbi Mohiliver.
- 5 Meshek HaBaron House.
- 6 Monument to the Fallen.
- 1 Boutique Hotel Lemazkeret, Sderot Rothschild 49.