Mbabane is the capital city of Eswatini (Swaziland). It houses Sibebe Rock, one of the biggest mountains in Africa.
- 1 King Mswati III International Airport (SHO IATA). The only commercial and international airport. Swaziland Airlink connects Manzini (and essentially the rest of the country) to Johannesburg.
If you drive your own car, you will find good tarred roads and several petrol stations/shops on the main roads.
Minibus taxis to South Africa leave from the taxi rank near Swazi Plaza. There are Minibus Taxis from Mbabane to Mbombela in South Africa.
The town itself offers not that much. There are no big attractions. The city centre consist of two small malls, a taxi and bus range, a hotel and at some days open markets.
- Sibebe Rock (8 km northeast of Mbabane.), ☏ . Swazi trails E30.
- Tourist information office, Sozisa Road (Cooper Centre), ☏ . 8am-4.45pm. Free maps of Mbabane and Eswatini and info on places to stay all over Eswatini. It does not seem to be there anymore.
There is a Swazi cultural village close by and a game reserve. There are several factories around Mbabane which sell traditional hand-made Swazi candles.
The town is modern
Rocka swazi clothes at E300.00 each which ranges from traditional to urban wear with contacs and shops around the city +26878181996//+26876984937
- 1 SuperSpar.
- Shoprite supermarket.
- Pick N Pay supermarket.
- Fist National bank. It has an ATM.
- 2 Nedbank. It has an ATM
- Standard bank, Swazi Plaza. It has an ATM
Traditional foods such as bhatata sweet potatoes, and traditional emasi (sour milk) is one of the nice food to enjoy.
Would be best to visit during the traditional ceremony when the traditional brew emaganu is being celebrated. At this time, emaganu (marula) brew is drank across the country.
- 1 Mantenga Lodge, Mantenga Road , Ezulwini Valley (15km from Mbabane), ☏ . Has 38 rooms, each with its own en-suite bathroom. The rooms are tastefully furnished and are equipped with air conditioning and television, including satellite channels.
- Bombasos Backpackers N Lodge, 404 Lukhalo road Mbabane (off pine Valley road), ☏ . Camping/dorm beds. E80/145.
- 2 Veki's Guesthouse, 233 Somhlolo Road. The most unhelpful staff you will ever encounter. The place only has seven rooms.
- 3 Crisovik Guesthouse, 521 Mbhilibhi Street, ☏ . A well-hidden guesthouse with shared bathrooms off Mbhilibhi Street. A sign dangling on the fence saying "Right of admission reserved" indicates the presence of the guesthouse. E390.
- United States, 7F, Central Bank Bldg, Mahlokohla St, ☏ , fax: . M-Th 7:30AM-5PM, F 7:30AM-1:30PM.
- Republic of China (Taiwan), Makhosikhosi Street, ☏ , ✉ email@example.com. 08:30-17:00 M-F. Unusual in that this is an official embassy, as Swaziland/eSwatini is the only one in Africa recognizing Taiwan/the ROC.