McComb is a small city in the southwest corner of Mississippi off I-55, 81 miles south of Jackson and 108 miles north of New Orleans. It is about 15 miles from the Louisiana State Line. It was chartered in 1872, and is considered the hub of Pike County. It was the home of the Illinois Central Gulf Railroad yards and the largest city in the county. The main line of the Illinois Central (now the Canadian National Railway) passes through the city in a direct route from New Orleans to Chicago. McComb has a history of a stable economic base with the railroad shops having had a 70-year association with the area.
- I-55 (Southaven, Grenada, Canton, Jackson, Hazlehurst, Brookhaven, McComb)
- Hwy 51 (Southaven, Grenada, Canton, Jackson, Hazlehurst, Brookhaven, McComb)
- Hwy 570 (Smithdale, McComb)
- Hwy 44 (McComb, Jayess, Columbia)
- Hwy 48 (Centreville, McComb)
- Hwy 24 (Woodville, Liberty, McComb)
- U.S 98 (McComb, Tylertown, Columbia, Hattiesburg)
To get to McComb from Jackson or Memphis, take I-55 South ramp in South Jackson that labels McComb/New Orleans. Pass through small towns such as Byram, Crystal Springs, Hazlehurst, Brookhaven, and Summit. When you pass through Summit, you will see 2 interstate signs that will let you know you are in the McComb area. McComb has 3 main exits that will let you off into the city. I-55 Exit 18 (Veterans Blvd, Hwy 570, North McComb), Exit 17 (Delaware Ave, Downtown McComb), and Exit 15 (Presley Blvd, US 98, Hwy 24 South McComb) Presley Blvd, US 98 to South McComb, Tylertown and Hwy 24 to Liberty.
The closest airport near McComb is the Jackson-Evers International Airport in Jackson which is 1 hr 22 min away. The New Orleans International Airport in New Orleans is 1 hr 33 min away. McComb has a public airport, McComb-Pike County Airport which is south of McComb.
Greyhound has an active bus depot off I-55 at Delaware Ave Exit 17 in the Downtown McComb Area at 320 N. Broadway St. +1 601-250-1030.
Amtrak, the national passenger rail system, provides service to McComb. Amtrak Train 59, the southbound City of New Orleans, is scheduled to depart McComb at 12:41PM daily with service to Hammond and New Orleans.
Amtrak Train 58, the northbound City of New Orleans, is scheduled to depart McComb at 3:38PM daily with service to Brookhaven, Hazlehurst, Jackson, Yazoo City, Greenwood, Memphis, Newbern-Dyersburg, Fulton, Carbondale, Centralia, Effingham, Mattoon, Champaign-Urbana, Kankakee, Homewood, and Chicago. McComb has a train depot station at 114 Northeast Railroad Ave in Downtown McComb.
McComb has a lot of parks in the city and sport complexes. Many of the parks include splash pad waters.
- Percy Quinn State Park.
- Quail Hollow Golf Course.
- Pike County Little Theater.
- Pike School of Art – Mississippi (PSA-MS), 100 Fifth Ave, ☏ , email@example.com. The mission of Pike School of Art – Mississippi is to enrich and empower a thriving community built by artists and allies in Southwest Mississippi.
- Uptown McComb, 1722 Veterans Blvd (off I-55 at Veterans Blvd). M-Sa 10:00am-7:00pm; Su 1:00pm-6:00pm. It is anchored by Belk, Goody's, Marshalls, and Ashley Furniture Homestore. The mall has up to at least 45 stores along with a food court and a restaurant inside. Next door to the mall is Wal-Mart Supercenter and across the boulevard is Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse. A lot of restaurants, hotels, car dealers, shopping center, movie store, gas stations, churches, and more stores are located by the mall.
- Pike Center Mart is a large shopping center in South McComb on Presley Blvd (Hwy 98). It has over 40 stores. Many restaurants, businesses, and stores are nearby.
Many other large shopping centers are in McComb on Delaware Ave with great clothing stores, restaurants, and business stores inside. One of the major ones are Southwest Shopping Center on Delaware Ave.
McComb has over 70 restaurants in the city. It has a lot of fast food restaurants. Most of the restaurants are on Delaware Ave off I-55.
- El Sombrero Mexican Restaurant located on 1440 Delaware Ave. +1 601 249-0209. Great Mexican food at this restaurant. You can go and eat all you want on the buffet.
- Golden Corral Steaks Buffet & Bakery, 200 Anna Dr (off I-55 at Delaware Ave), ☏ .
- China Buffet at 1604 Veterans Blvd. The China Buffet restaurant is part of the Edgewood Mall area in North McComb. Located off I-55 Exit 18 (Veterans Blvd) infront of Wal-Mart Supercenter next to Radio Shack across from the shopping center. China Buffet is a wide selection of Asian Cuisine, also with American fares. It has a great salad bar. The eating areas at this restaurant are very clean and table service is prompt.
- The Dinner Bell Restaurant, 229 5th Ave, ☏ . Great fried chicken, corn bread, macaroni & cheese, mash potatoes, collard greens, great sweet tea. This restaurant has been in McComb since 1947.
- Broma's Deli at 1722 Veterans Blvd in the Uptown Mall. All kinds of sandwiches, salads, and great sweet tea.
- Mr. Whisker's Family Catfish at Hwy 48 in McComb. This is where you will find some of the best southern catfish. Along with other food serving like all kinds of chicken, french fries, and more food that fits in with catfish.
- 98 Tavern & Seafood, 1055 Hwy 98 East.
- Buddy's of McComb, 821 Delaware Ave, ☏ . Great fried tamales.
- Quality Inn, 107 Scott Dr, ☏ . 56 rooms. It has great service and excellent rooms.
- Days Inn, Delaware Ave (off I-55 at Exit 17), ☏ . The largest Days Inn in the central and south Mississippi area. The motel has 115 rooms and a dining restaurant. Days Inn has great service and spacious rooms.
- Baymont by Wyndham McComb, 101 Anna Drive (off I-55 at Exit 17 Delaware Ave), ☏ . For when you are craving one of those cookie-cutter properties with no character and nothing else will do.
- Hampton Inn & Suites, 109 Manisha Drive (off I-55 at Exit 18 at Veterans Blvd), ☏ . 75 rooms. Complimentary hot breakfast served daily. On-site fitness center and outdoor pool. Meeting space is also available for those corporate meetings, family gatherings, baby showers, weddings or any reception for groups up to 75.
- Holiday Inn Express McComb 105 Holiday Lane (off I-55 at Exit 18 at Veterans Blvd/ I-55 Frontage Rd), +1 601 684-5200. It's behind Edgewood Mall behind Belk. It is very visible from I-55. The hotel has 3 floors with 69 spacious rooms.
- Comfort Inn & Suites, 2001 Veterans Blvd., ☏ .
|Routes through McComb|
|Jackson ← Brookhaven ←||N S||→ New Orleans → END|
|Jackson ← Brookhaven ←||N S||→ Jct W E → LaPlace → New Orleans via|
|Natchez ← Bude ←||W E||→ Hattiesburg → Mobile|