US Highways 6, 34, and 83.
McCook is served once daily in each direction by Amtrak and its California Zephyr service between Chicago and Los Angeles. 1 McCook station is at 101 Norris Ave, at the southern end of the city centre.
2 McCook Ben Nelson Regional Airport has subsidised Essential Air Service on Boutique Airways to Denver.
- 1 Museum of the High Plains, 413 George Norris Ave, ☏ . Tu-Sa 1PM-5PM, Su 2PM-5PM. Exhibits from the WWII air base and German POW camp, 1907 Carnegie Library, antiques, general store, old time pharmacy, model railroad, early maps of the west, Native American artifacts and displays on former Nebraska governors
- 2 Harvey P. Sutton House, 602 Norris Ave. Home designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, built in 1908. Private residence, interior not open to the public.
- 3 George W. Norris House, 706 Norris Ave, ☏ . An historic house museum, formerly owned by George W. Norris (1862–1944), a Nebraska politician who championed the New Deal of the 1930s and the Rural Electrification Act. Free.
- 1 Coppermill Steakhouse, N Hwy 83 and Coppermill St, ☏ . Tu-Th 4PM-10PM, F-Sa 4PM-1AM.
- El Puerto Mexican Restaurant, 311 George Norris Ave, ☏ .
- Fuller's Family Restaurant, 218 W B St, ☏ .
- La Cocina Mexican Restaurant, 112 W 1st St, ☏ .
- Mac's Drive-In, 809 W B St, ☏ .
- Sehnert's Bakery and Bieroc Cafe, 312 Norris Ave, ☏ . M-F 6:30AM-5:30PM, Sa 6:30AM-3PM.
- Taste of Texas BBQ, 112 W 11th St, ☏ . Tu-Th 11AM-2PM,4PM-9PM, F 11AM-2PM,4PM-10PM, Sa 11AM-10PM, Su 11AM-9PM.
- Tequilas Mexican Restaurant, 205 George Norris Ave, ☏ .
- [dead link] OYO Hotel, 612 West B St, ☏ . Check-in: 16:00, check-out: 12:00. Tidy, modern rooms with options for either queen or king beds. $60 for a single room.
|Routes through McCook|
|Denver ← Fort Morgan ←||W E||→ Holdrege → Omaha|
|Denver ← Sterling ←||W E||→ Holdrege → Hastings|
|Fort Morgan ← Wray ←||W E||→ Holdrege → Hastings|
|North Platte ← Wellfleet ←||N S||→ Oakley → Liberal|